clutch question

91 mK3

Laaaaaaag
Aug 22, 2006
Hayward, Bay Area
i have been searching all over for the answer to this queston but i cannot find the answer so i thought i would just post it up. i recenlty did a single turbo conversion and decided to go with a southbend stage 4 clutch to be able to hold the power. my problem is that when starting the drive the car, the clutch grabs about half way from the floor. after driving for a while, i noticed that it would start grabbing when the pedal is higher. things that were done is a new master, new slave, new clutch line, and hgih temp brake fluid but still the same problem. the only thing that i havnt chaged was the throw out bearing but i dont think it would cause something like that. it does slip from time to time. it wasnt able to hold my third gear pull at only 10psi. anyone witht eh same problem? anyone think its the clutch itself? any input would be very helpful.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Did you break the clutch in properly? Did you bleed the line? It shouldn't be slipping at 10psi unless you just didn't get it seated properly.

91 mK3

Laaaaaaag
Aug 22, 2006
Hayward, Bay Area
i bled the line numerous times. i do believe i broke the clutch in properly. i wasnt really able to abuse it because the clutch pedal would just get so high after it would warm up.