Clutch adjustment.... Can you?

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
i have a newer clutch in my car but ever since i put it the engagement has been atthe top of the pedal throw. can you adjust this or not i dont see how.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
reach up in behind the clutch pedal and break the nut loose on the shaft....then spin the shaft till you get a little free play (spec in the trsm)....then tighten the nut back down.....

i personally dont tighten the nut and just adjust it once a month or so but it doesnt lose adjustment very easy....

its very easy...

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
so i tried to adjust it and i spins freely for about three turns then it stops barley making a difference if not nothing. can i continue to turn it is it just under tention now i dont want to screw up my master cylinder

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Make sure the nut isn't binding....also with one hand wiggle the peddle and with the other hand spin the shaft....can also wrap a pair of pliers with a rag and turn the shaft if needed but make sure not to scratch the shaft.

I keep my peddle with about 1/2" of free play and only adjust till I feel the slightest bit of resistance.