Clip buyers - Read this

shatter2

1JZ Promoter
Apr 9, 2006
Highland, UT
www.shatter2.com
Just something to think about when you are considering purchasing a 1JZ/2JZ front clip...

After you are done pulling parts off the clip, you will need to dispose of it. This didn't seem too hard to me, at first, because any metal recycler would gladly take it. However, since it is imported from Japan and you do not have the title to it, most states have laws against the metal recyclers taking them without a transfer of title or a dismantling permit. This is to try to prevent people from "chopping" vehicles, usually illegally.

Getting a dismantler's permit would be rough, as anything dealing with the government is.

It took me nearly 6 months to find someone who was willing to haul the thing away for me. And believe me, I am sure the guy wasn't doing it legally. The only options I had left were to find someone who had a plasma cutter so I could chop it into small pieces to dump in a dumpster or borrow a flatbed and take it to some remote area and dump it in a field or something. Since there are no VIN numbers or anything tying the scrap to me, it would have worked, but would have been a huge pain in the butt.

Just something to think about before you buy!

I

itr206

I just dropped mine at a local metal yard and they had no probs taking it. Junk yards had no probs taking it eithr. I guess it depends on state

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
i cant find anyone local to come haul this thing away. it's sitting in my friends driveway too, he isn't too happy about that..

TurboOCD

Kitty Eating Buddhist
Apr 8, 2006
DE
Brewster said:
i cant find anyone local to come haul this thing away. it's sitting in my friends driveway too, he isn't too happy about that..

A sawzall and a sledge would do wonders! You guys need to use your imaginations more :evil2:

TurboOCD

Kitty Eating Buddhist
Apr 8, 2006
DE
Brewster said:

P.S. Do you still have that front bumper? Is it in good condition? I could make a road trip to pick it up. :icon_bigg

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
thagr81_us said:
You could always cut it up into pieces with a Sawzall or Torch then use a welder to make something cool out of the scrap and put it up in your yard to display to your neighbors... Haha J/K

I guess if you were really bored and had some crack laying around....:biglaugh:

TurboOCD

Kitty Eating Buddhist
Apr 8, 2006
DE
shatter2 said:
I thought about a saw-zall or a plasma cutter. Two problems: cutting all that up would be a lot of work and it was winter at the time :aigo:

:wuteva:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah, it really sucks squeezing the trigger on that sawz. my plan is to dump it in a lake near me after its been stripped and call it an artificial reef. yes, mr. game warden, im helping you grow the bass population.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
I have taken several full and half chassis to the dump under a tarp and told the lady at the counter it was scrap metal (did happen to have the title for all these vehicles but never had to produce it). The regular pit is hidden from the Steel scrap and no one mans the steel area. I criuse up, pull the tarp, and floor it, it was all good. Do a reconnisance run with some (legit) yard waste and make sure you can do this at your dump. No one really cares they just dont want to make it easy for chop shops. When all is said and done if you can prove it wasnt stolen you wont be in any real trouble. But once its on their property, and they cant prove who left it, dont you think they are going to make it go away fast.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
the nice thing about living in the middle of nowhere is the ability to go up on a random hill and dump it....the one out behind my house is turning into a BLM scrapyard lol

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
arz said:
I criuse up, pull the tarp, and floor it, it was all good. Do a reconnisance run...
LMAO. yeah, i think i saw that in a mob movie once...haha