Clicking Behind Speedo

1jz-soarer

Soarer
Oct 14, 2010
Calgary
Since my last soarer got rear ended and written off Ive been looking for a clean body to swap my 5 speed and LSD into and i think i found one but its got a problem that i cant figure out.

It clicks every time you have the gas pedal at around the half way point that sounds like a tin can with BB's in it or like an electronic BBQ igniter going tic tic tic behind the dash he says. Ive never heard of such a problem before so I'm here to see if anybody has any ideas what the problem could be. I haven't bought the car yet but would like to know what the problem could be before i buy. Thanks

Car Specs
- 1991 Toyota Soarer
- 1JZ-GTE
- Automatic
- 100,000 KM's
- Also speedo doesn't work till after 150 km/h
- Claims to have always used 94 octane fuel

Thats all i know for now.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, under a load it will leak and make that ticking noise. It's not the speedo as it would be speed dependant not load.

suprunner

Jun 22, 2011
south dakota
I have this same problem. 1990 7MGE in my 4Runner. On mine, it seems to tic (just like a propane lighter) about 3-5 times. On mine, it's a precurser to the engine even throttling up. It's always the same level of loudness, no matter what the speed of the motor or wheels. It'll even happen when I bring my foot off the pedal...

suprunner

Jun 22, 2011
south dakota
suprunner;1863324 said:
I have this same problem. 1990 7MGE in my 4Runner. On mine, it seems to tic (just like a propane lighter) about 3-5 times. On mine, it's a precurser to the engine even throttling up. It's always the same level of loudness, no matter what the speed of the motor or wheels. It'll even happen when I bring my foot off the pedal...

Also, it comes from the upper driver-side of the motor. Could this be the IACV?