Cleaning K&N Oil Filters

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
Wassup. So yo how do ya clean K&N Oil Filters? I got dis K&N used filter for only $40 from some guy that crashed his supra. I used it for for da past year but now it seems really dirty. I usually just clean it with water but there is too much crap now. I dont want to give the guy another $30 for the cleaner.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
You use K&N filter cleaner and re oil it after it has dried with K&N oil yo. 4realz

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You take it off, throw it away, and buy a real filter. AEM or Apexi are good. K&N is not.

There is a reason why the guy sold it to you for super cheap. He was probably upgrading to something that actually filters the air going into your engine.

kHaNg

Like FAtHer Like SoN
Apr 17, 2007
Mass
the k&n have a nice design for you to take it off though, if some a*hole wants to tighten the sh* out of it. Yay for Ratchet design oil filters!

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
Dawgz I am talking bout the filter that filters your oil. I cant find any cleaner for the oil filter in stores. Dunno what that dude has. Or should I just use da air filter cleaner?

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Definitely April Fools, as i don't think anyone could be ignorant enough to not only pay for a used oil filter, but then also think it could be washed and reused....not to mention they don't even cost that much new do they?

Pretty funny, daught :)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Yo yo G dawg... Ya dun reuse oil filtas yo.. Theys one time use G... You'd gots toss that burner and skife yous a new ones.

Seriously dude....if this is for real I recomend you sell your car before you blow the motor!

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
Dis no joke, and neither is the filter. THis is rare racing stuff. Too bad ur all noobs and never got word of dis. SO any one have some serious answers?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
look homebread...talking like a retard isnt going to get you much help....talk normal and re ask your question in english and not wannabe ebonics and we may decide to help your newb ass..

Or you can go wash your OIL filter...but make sure to fill the filter with and abrasive such as sand and shake it real good to help scrub the inside of the filter....have fun with your rare raceing k&n filter

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
if I knew it was a joke I could laugh at how retarded it is...if I knew it wasnt a joke I could laugh at the ignorance of (homebread)...but really have no clue if its a hoax cause April 1 has come and gone...right now its not funny