cleaning engine bay

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
What do you guys use to clean the areas of the engine bay that u cant reach. Im a perfectionist wayne ma615mgte know this he gve me hell last night due to the fact that i wax the parts of my engine bay that i can reach and get to. But i cant seem to get the dust off parts its not grime it woul dcome off with a towel but i cant get to it. Any ideas degreaer doesnt work.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
alright man, if you really want to get 'er clean you start by taking it all apart and cleaning each piece individually.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
a bunch of socket extensions with a towel wrapped arround it, a bottle of simple green, and some brake parts cleaner. or just get undeneath the car, you can reach most anything from underneath.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I used a pressure washer on some parts towards the bottom.
You have to be very careful though and not hit sensative areas.
I used it towards the bottom of the block as I had some accumulated oil leaks.
I also would like to mention that it worked awesome and I did not have any problems result from it.

One experience.

BTW, you have to get an avatar, Craig.
Also add your location too.
Whenever I see your posts, I am not sure it is you. heheh

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
CtSupra said:
you guys forgot to mention using a toothbrush. simple green + toothbrush + good portion of your day = one clean Mkiii engine bay.
How true,how true.
Don't know how many hours I spent doing the same thing.A pot scrubber works good too.God bless Simple Green

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
i just cleaned my bay today... i work at toyota so i get all the fun products. i just doused it in our engne degreaser and pressure washed it. clean up sooo amazing. i didnt know it could be that clean. make it look naked though hahha. also did a full cut polish and interior shampoo. its funny i love it more now, even though i spent half my day on it and i cant feel my right arm :)