Cleaning AC Condensor

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
I want/need to clean my condenser to improve air flow to my radiator, over the years it has gotten some crap in it. Dirt road grime it’s bad in some spots is there and thing I can use that won’t stain my new front mount intercooler.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
ians13;1566653 said:
I want/need to clean my condenser to improve air flow to my radiator, over the years it has gotten some crap in it. Dirt road grime it’s bad in some spots is there and thing I can use that won’t stain my new front mount intercooler.

Why can't you just wash it? That won't hurt your intercooler.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
I tried but the stuff in it won’t come out I was just wondering if anyone knew of a spray on type cleaner that I could use to break down the greasy stuff in it.
I was thinking gunk or something like that but am unsure what it will do to a polished intercooler surface

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Compressed air works well.
Id remove the rad and blow through the back, so you can get to the whole thing, and that crap came in through the front, itll be easier to blow it out that way.
i have also seen 10+* decrease in ac temps doing this (in more late model cars though).
Also no solvents needed.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Like mkiiichip said, removing the radiator is a good idea. There is likely a bit of dirt and grime behind that as well. I know there was in mine.