Civic's EX need to stop

H

Hofajoab

ach it really is the drivers that give Honda/Civics a bad name. I had a '98 Civic VTi (B16A2 158bhp) pretty much standard but it was nice to drive, great power/torque curve and handled ok on standard suspension.. great reliable, robust, efficient cars and i abused that thing everyday for 2 years without one splutter or hickup.. i love Honda's ethos and the engineering, perfect balance.

When the Civic Type-R came out (not the original EK9) i liked it but then every boyracer and his dog had one, and generally anyone that knows feck all about cars had one and that reallly put me off, shame really.

Still my dream car is an EK9, the one and only civic type-r!

we shouldn't hate Honda's, just most of their not so fast & furious drivers.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
I have a freind with a 95 Civic EX. Has coilovers, an intake and a ok sounding muffler. Sounds kinda fast, isn't, and she knows it. She doesn't pretend. She'll race other Hondas and win. She doesn't trust herself with a faster car. So she keeps herslef safe by driving a slower car. I don't have a problem with that. If she wants to go fast, she can always passenger in my car.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Hofajoab said:
we shouldn't hate Honda's, just most of their not so fast & furious drivers.

That's the whole reason I hate Hondas - the whole mystique and preconception that follows them around because of what the majority of the drivers do to them.....