Cigars and Scotch

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
so I sitting outside enjoying a nice don tomas and a glass of lagavuin 16

surfing SM when it acuured to me i havent seen a scotch and cigar thread on here so i did a quick search found nothing new in the last year and here we sit

So.... who here endugles :D

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Not sure if it qualifies as "Scotch", but I do like the walker black label. Haven't had the pleasure of blue label yet, but maybe someday.

Was just thinking earlier I should have a poker night in the new garage...

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Love a good cigar and a glass of scotch or Irish Whiskey.... Have a Romeo y Julieta that I have yet to smoke, until I get rid of this cold. Just tried VAT 69 Gold for the first time a few weeks ago rather cheap for the smoothness I thought. Dewar’s is ok. I also really enjoy Glenfiddich and Jameson (although technically an Irish whiskey not a scotch).

I have a Canadian friend that brings down Cubans, but most true cigar smokers know there is little quality difference any more as many of the cigar makers in Cuba migrated to places like the Dominican Republic etc. BUT I'll still never turn down a Cuban cigar due to the novelty ;)

Good thread!!

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
jdub;1396481 said:
Macallan 18 year Highland Scotch

Romeo y Julieta Cedros DeLuxe No. 2

Good stuff.

Good thread!

Should probably retitle it Cigars and Scotch/Whisky/Bourbon, and throw in Craft Beer while you're at it. Bourbon County Stout, a hunk of dark chocolate, and a cigar = yum.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I'm not much for the scotch myself (mostly because its not legal for me to have). But I'll have a cigar from time to time, Romeo y Julieta is one of my favorites so far.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I like Glenmorangie for a dd. I usually have a bottle in the kitchen.

I really like Dalmore for special occasions (1974 when I can afford it...), but it's so brutally expensive it's a rare moment I'll spring for it. Haven't had a bottle in a few years.

For cigars, I'm all over the map, the last time I had one was a month or so ago with my friend PJ, it was a Por Larranaga, but I can't remember which style.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Supracentral;1397566 said:
I like Glenmorangie for a dd. I usually have a bottle in the kitchen.

Glenmorangie is what I prefer on occasion. Sadly the way I found out about it was the movie Highlander. Good stuff though!

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
I get a custom blend cigar from Thompson. It has a blend of Cuban, Dominican and nicaraguan tobaccos and is hand rolled buy a Cuban man. It's the closest thing to a true Cuban cigar that I've found and can buy legally. Plus it's dirt cheap and shipped to my door. I don't have to leave the house.

Scotch - no, Crown Royal - yes:boink::beer:

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
goliath;1398525 said:
I get a custom blend cigar from Thompson. It has a blend of Cuban, Dominican and nicaraguan tobaccos and is hand rolled buy a Cuban man. It's the closest thing to a true Cuban cigar that I've found and can buy legally. Plus it's dirt cheap and shipped to my door. I don't have to leave the house.

Hmmm sounds nice. I'm gonna look into these. Any chance you'll be at the next philly supra meet?