Chucks supra is up for sale good price or pass the pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1311477810.html
Now Offering for sale, you wont find another like it so dont pass this one up. It is a 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo 5 Speed Hard Top. There is over $30,000 invested in this SupraSport R&D/Shop Car, i am asking $15,000 - but all Serious Offers will be considered.

I have so many modifications and new parts i dont want to list them, but here are a few highlights:

New complete paint job with the Factory Blue Mica (3 costs of base and 4 costs of clear)
Custom South Bend 6 Puck Feramic Clutch
Custom SupraSport Fuel System
MAFT-PRO Speed Density System with Intergrated Boost Control
SupraSport 650 HP Rated BOSS Turbo 61-Trim Stage 5 Dual Ball Bearing Oil & Water
Unorthodox crank pulley
RSR Cat Back Exhaust
Original Engine
113K Original Miles
New P225/50ZR16 BF Goodrich GForce Sport Tires
MB Motoring 16X8 Rims
Never driven in winter and stored inside

The list goes on and on.....for those of you who are actually interested will call and i can give you the detailed list of all the goodies. For pictures you can go to www.suprasport.com and look under shop cars then under Chucks Supra, there are photos for all angles of the motor and body.

I AM LISTING THIS BEFORE IT WILL BE LISTED FOR SALE ON THE SUPRASPORT WEBSITE, SO ACT FACT WHY YOU HAVE A CHANCE..............

Please call for any additional information, Charles 651-592-7207

13.bmp

2.bmp

3.bmp

DSC02090.JPG

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
take that pulley off and toss in a rebuilt bottom end... why would somebody pay 15K for the car? the mods listed are "minor" imho unless the trans, cooling system etc are "new" or rebuilt... 30K in R&D doesnt make the car worth more to me. There has to be more to the car besides the bolt ons to ask this price... whats the inside like? ac?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I would ( NOT ) pay 15K for that car, I would pay maybe 6000.00 at most.. Jesus.. some people think their cars are worth that much.. :3d_frown:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
grimreaper;1382298 said:
take that pulley off and toss in a rebuilt bottom end... why would somebody pay 15K for the car? the mods listed are "minor" imho unless the trans, cooling system etc are "new" or rebuilt... 30K in R&D doesnt make the car worth more to me. There has to be more to the car besides the bolt ons to ask this price... whats the inside like? ac?
Its fairly basic. Blue cloth interior with a double din cd player. It is clean but its all bolt ons.

I have been giving him shit about that pulley for the longest time to no prevail.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
toss in a new clutch, trans and motor rebuild.

maybe a set of bushings and a diff rebuild.

who did the paint work?

ditch the ugly rimz.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
dubsupra209;1382352 said:
damn $30,000 invested doesnt that seem a little overboard....?

for r&d, anytime he spends on his car is technically investing. What his time is worth is up to anyone to decide.
i see that car being worth 9k cdn.
So like 1 us dollar.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
I'll admit, there are some nice cars worth the asking price, but there are also a lot of ragged-out cars that the owners are asking too much. I just don't want to see the whole 'sink 60k into my car so I'm going to ask 65k+ for it' thing happen like in the Mk4 world. Now that's obviously a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Will Neely's 730rwhp car went for less than that. Furthermore, I can think of at least two cars that were considerably nicer than that with asking prices around that range, that were eventually parted out due to lack of interest. (Grant's award winning white monster fitted with a TH350 anyone?) Need I continue?

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
That cherry red Advan Supra from Canada sold for 10K....And his was considerably nicer than this one. (sorry do not remember the name of the guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.