Chrome on my moldings.....YAY or GAY??

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I was looking for gunmetal or dark gray to go on the black, but selection is very limited. Since chrome was available local, I wanted to see SOMETHING on there. I think I like it, it fits with the wheels. I told my 17 y/o son about it....he said gay.....then he came out to the garage and saw it....now he says I must keep it.

p815792_1.jpg

p815792_2.jpg

p815792_3.jpg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Never really thought I'd like it, but when I picked up the moldings from the paint shop, I snagged a sample to check it out.....its temp stuck on there now.....I will cut them exact......I think it works.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I also agree that the wheel trim/combo came out very nice. I think the trim should go along the doors as well, but that's just me.

EDIT: NM, I thought you had filled in the doors, but you haven't. It'll come out looking really good!

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
like someone before stated, being it matches your rims, i'm thinking it looks good, an I really like your rims,, bad ass man !!

Will

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
OneJoeZee said:
Taking a 2nd look, it's not too bad. I don't think many cars could get away with it and look good though.

Joe, as much as i LOVE your car, IMO black cars, and dark color cars could not get away with it. (Sorry to use your car as an example) :)

Looks frigggen FANTASTIC on the red car with the matching crome lipped rims!

FANTASTIC.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
willfish said:
like someone before stated, being it matches your rims, i'm thinking it looks good, an I really like your rims,, bad ass man !!

Will
Thanks....I cant wait to get my 10" rears with a bigger lip....still on B/O. I wanted something different, bumpers and sides are common, but no one has these wheels on a MK3, the moldings coordinated really makes it different.

OneJoeZee said:
Taking a 2nd look, it's not too bad. I don't think many cars could get away with it and look good though.

Agreed....without the wheels, I wouldn't have tried.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
s383mmber1 said:
Joe, as much as i LOVE your car, IMO black cars, and dark color cars could not get away with it. (Sorry to use your car as an example) :)

Looks frigggen FANTASTIC on the red car with the matching crome lipped rims!

FANTASTIC.

That's what I'm saying.

I wouldn't try it on my car.