Christmas Tree Incineration

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Nghty89;1213567 said:
I believe that might be time-lapsed. But interesting non-the-less!

Nope! Dry Christmas trees go up so fast and put off so much heat, in a room that size, it takes no time at all to get fully involved and produced whats called a flashover.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
This is why I own a fake fiber optic tree, got it 40 bucks new 6 years back, i add lights and all even though it has built in lights, it looks real feels fairly real, easy to install and saved us a ton of money and hassle and no watering needed.

I really thought I'd miss real trees but I don't plus my fake insta tree as I call it looks great saves me money and saves cutting down trees for no reason at all.

Cool vid, thats a scary thought though.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Nghty89;1213567 said:
I believe that might be time-lapsed. But interesting non-the-less!

Poodles;1213688 said:
Nope, they really do go up that fast...

aye mate;1213896 said:
Nope! Dry Christmas trees go up so fast and put off so much heat, in a room that size, it takes no time at all to get fully involved and produced whats called a flashover.

Ayup. I've had formal training in this. You'd be amazed how quickly a room can flashover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPfkrGDv7U

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
aye mate;1213896 said:

Spoken like a fireman. I had my brother watch both the videos posted in this thread. He said, and I quote- "Yup, it's nothing to fuck around with. It gets serious REALLY fast!"

He's the Chief of the local fire department. He's been in countless structure fires. Even responded to numerous out of district fires and saved houses. They're a good bunch of guys for sure. :) Glad my house is only a mile from the fire dept.