Choppy Idle/ poor mileage= Vacuum leak?

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Here's the problem i'm faced with, my supra, even when warm has a very choppy idle, none of the cylinders are missing and compression is good across the board, coupled with the poor mileage i'm getting ( 45 miles on 3rd of a tank, screams vacuum leak, or something witth the AFM/O2 sensor, i've already gone over every bit of vacuum hose on the car and replaced it all checking for leaks anywhere i could by spraying starting fluid. Since this happens at idle i don't think it's a boost leak, but i'd be glad for any input or common issues i should be looking for

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
your EGR is also an emissions control device, when clogged can cause high HC's and poor fuel mileage; try cleaning that. supras of old tend to start carbon fouling things (we use diff gas than back in the day)
vac leaks cause low idle. also recheck timing

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Timings ok, and the idle is ok i think, i never have any issues with it dying. I'll definatley pull the EGR and clean it too. Is it possible to remove the EGR system without negative effect on performance/ economy? i don't have to worry about emissions inspections or anything