check valve behind ISCV.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I am building a turbo engine for a friend and the check valve is missing out of the turbo manifold I have. most likely I took it a long time ago for the race car. My question is how important is this check valve for a engine that is just going to be on stock boost. I assume its there to prevent backflow through the idle valve under boost when it could be forced open. I can get one from someone on here but I was hoping to get the rings broken in this weekend so if its not entirely necessary then i would like to know.

thanks below is a link to the part its right behind the valve and IIRC is orange

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291410/catalog.aspx?F=2211&P=2

its 25748 in that picture. also if anyone has one laying around I would love to get it from you.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I think the massive boost leak would be your primary problem, as its just going to flow right back out into the intake pipe.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
alright that answers that. i didnt know if it was a backup or if the isc valve spring was that weak. ill have to find one then thanks

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
dbsupra90;1435833 said:
kyle-

what management are you running? btw, i looked and don't have one.

friends car its just stock.

if your talking about my car its also stock with a safc

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
supraguru05;1435639 said:
i didnt know if it was a backup or if the isc valve spring was that weak.

Just FYI: First, there is no spring in the ISCV and even with the check valve missing it's position can't be changed by airflow. Second, stock boost can be achieved with the check valve missing. It's no different than running with a blown stock bypass valve, which has more conductance than the ISCV. Not that I recommend doing either...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Running without the ISCV entirely, not missing the valve...

If you're missing the valve and you're running a little filter instead of back into the intake you'll have a bad boost leak...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Enraged;1436172 said:
That's what I meant.

Perhaps you should take the time to read the question...this thread is about the check valve under the ISCV, not about removing it.

Removing the ISCV disables all of the ECU idle-up functions...it's not a good idea when running the stock TCCS.