check this out holy crap

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Wow, an NA selling for $6300.00 so far and still has almost eight days left for the bid to go up. I used to have a 1991 turbo targa top'd white package that looked just like it. I really miss that car. It was so tight. It didn't have one squeak in it anywhere.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
super clean 15k miles is insane for these cars i don't think 20k $ would really be unreasonable for what it sold for in that year and its a white package

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I couldn't resist doing a gte upgrade. I'd just make sure the swap was done with new or rebuilt "undistiguishable from new" parts.

I'd feel guilty using it as a "dd" as jdub suggested, but I can certainly agree that it would make an awesome dd. How many MkIII's could be left with that low of miles? Not many I'd wager.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
hvyman;1134754 said:
super clean 15k miles is insane for these cars i don't think 20k $ would really be unreasonable for what it sold for in that year and its a white package

ultra low miles or not, in the end its a 17yo NA import. Sorry guys but no friggin way is that worth 20k. Get a grip.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
There's an 87 NA wingless with a targa and leather interior in Jackson for 7900 bucks at a dealership, has 44,000 original miles, 1 owner, but no wing or anything super extra on it, paints immaculate but thats way too much for an NA pre 89 IMHO

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
There was a (iirc) red 89 turbo targa with only about 5k mi on it on ebay about a year ago. If my memory serves me right it sold for about 12k. So no way this thing will fetch 20k.

Then there is that one with 50 something miles in Canada.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
jdub;1134767 said:
I'd love to have that car for a DD ;)

Sounds nice...but I don't really think I could use that car as my DD, I would ALWAYS be worrying about it wherever I go. Kinda like that commercial where the guy has a VW Beetle stuck to his head, and it keeps getting bigger throughout the day...expect for me it would be a white Supra... LOL

It is a beautiful car tho...belongs in the garage!

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
johnathan1;1135051 said:
Sounds nice...but I don't really think I could use that car as my DD, I would ALWAYS be worrying about it wherever I go. Kinda like that commercial where the guy has a VW Beetle stuck to his head, and it keeps getting bigger throughout the day...expect for me it would be a white Supra... LOL

It is a beautiful car tho...belongs in the garage!

Useing that car as a DD is a sin! No way around it. IMO, if you did...well lets not go there. As for the value, I don't think i need to tell anyone that Supra's are getting more collectable by the year now and I could easily see that car bringing 20k in the next 5 years. Hell, I'm crazy enough (stupid!) to pay that for it now. My honest opinion is that a car of that calliber belongs in a Garage, forever!

Also a 92 turbo hardtop w/ 33k i think it was sold for 17.5k up my way in concorde, NH about 6 months ago. Every now and then you'll see realy mint collectable ones in Hemmingway magazine that are not too far from these prices.