Check out what I found in a basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here; but, I think the firewall vin plate was dropped on the 91's and 92's. My 91 doesn't have one.

Sell this thing to your dad and put it in his name. You pay for it and collect the 10% and viola!!! 10% discount!!!

duke89

Jul 29, 2011
Columbia
Damn sexy car.. No way I could let that go. I'm with the other guys sell it to your "dad" collect the 10% and have your self a beautiful mk3

mk1spyder

Banned
Sep 11, 2005
Western NC
This would be my 12th one, but I don't have the space to keep it. It needs to goto a colletctor. I know the miles are a little high for a collectors car at 115k but that means the seals haven't all rotted from sitting still infinitely.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I believe Ebay has similar rules. I would advise not mentioning you are selling it for someone else when you list it. Then get a definite selling price from the owner, and use that as a reserve. Let the owner know you are doing this before you do it.

mk1spyder

Banned
Sep 11, 2005
Western NC
Ebay has no similar rules, haven't you ever seen the ebay consignment businesses where you drop your stuff off and they sell it for you if you're not computer savvy? This is the same situation, more than anything I just want this car to make it into the hands of a supra enthusiast who will take care of it.

[background="red"]eBay link removed by Supracentral - see last post in thread[/background]

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
Caliz_lil_7up;1770462 said:
Your a good guy, becuse I'm sure 80% of the people on this thread would've taken that car and switched the title to their name! Great find

im willing to bet 100% of those 80% would not do this...

but yes great find! if you had the room id do what everyone else is saying and have someone you know buy it for you basically

mk1spyder

Banned
Sep 11, 2005
Western NC
I just don't have the room or time anymore with my career changes. I have a H1 hummer project so it takes up the entire garage as i'm sure you could imagine hah. Yes I miss my LandCruiser but I had to test my skills with a POS haha. I'm just glad I could save this thing from an uncertain demise.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
The whole situation sounds sketchy as shit to me. A guy leaves a near perfect Supra in his house foreclosed house, and then he tells the new owner of said house that he cannot have the car that he doesn't even have, and the new owner of the house must sell the car and will get a small percentage of the selling price. So someone who doesn't even own the car must sell it for someone whom they have never met.

The fuck is going on here...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm in the sketchy boat here. How did you even track down the original owner by the way? Something doesn't add up here, but it does seem like a very nice car. Honestly, whoever buys that house would have gotten that car, all you have to do in many states is file for an abandoned vehicle title...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
te72;1770980 said:
I'm in the sketchy boat here. How did you even track down the original owner by the way? Something doesn't add up here, but it does seem like a very nice car. Honestly, whoever buys that house would have gotten that car, all you have to do in many states is file for an abandoned vehicle title...

This was my thought as well. When a home is sold, I believed all items within the house went with it to the new owner...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mk1spyder

Banned
Sep 11, 2005
Western NC
I took down the auction temporarily because this was my first try at loading HTML hosted photos and it made the description wayyyy too damn wide, you had to scroll right for a mile just to read one sentence. So i'm going to narrow the 40+ pictures down to 24 and load them the ebay old fashioned way.

I get that the story sounds weird but what do you think is really going on here? That I am a scammer that lives in london and stole the pictures of the vehicle or something? Not everything in this world is plain and simple, sometimes crazy shit like this happens. Would you have rather I left it in the basement to rot and be stolen or bought and beat up by whatever retard buys that house? And I could have simply not told you anything about the back story and posted it for sale and you would have never had a clue until you saw the name on the title isn't mine. Would you rather me not tell the entire detailed story and just lie? Because that would make people feel better about it, but infact be alot more sketchy.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
No, I like the detail. Don't get us wrong, we aren't bashing you. The story just sounds odd.

I think I missed a part of the story because I thought you bought the house and then found the old owner.

Either way, its an interesting and unique situation to find such a clean mk3 and therefore will have done suspicion.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
The whole thing makes no sense to me. First OP says the owner refuses to sell to him because he can't afford it. OP claims to add parts to a car he does not own in the hopes of selling it to make a commission, why add parts to something you don't own and have no contract with the actual owner to sell the car? Then the OP claims it is on ebay with no reserve and will sell for whatever.... How does that make sense, why not buy it for your original offer price and claim that is what it sold for?

Then the pictures, it was found in a foreclosed house basement that was so covered with plants you couldn't see it. Then the picture shows it outside of of what looks like an industrial garage area? Then, more pictures show up in a nice photo shoot style parking garage setup? If you want to have more fun, open the pictures in a text editor and look for dates. I clearly see 2007:10:13 . It is either different cars or someone forgot to set the date on their camera but that is an oddly specific date for a camera to default to and the same info does not show up in the first picture. It would also be very strange for someone who doesn't own this car to be driving it around using a plate belonging to someone else and for a different vehicle.

On top of everything, who is to say the person on the phone the OP talked to is the actual owner of the car? When someone wins the ebay auction who will handle the sale? Will the auction winner be given a phone number to call or will the OP handle the transaction and hope the sale is legit?

/tin foil hat

Status
Not open for further replies.