check engine codes

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
i recently have installed an upgrade ct26 60-1 turbo, BC 264 cams metal head gasket and apr studs,exhaust, boost controller, intake and downpipe. the check engine light it not on usually when i first start it.. but once i get driving it pops on. it was on before i bought the car but i never had it looked at. i brought the car to a mechanic and it was putting out 4 codes. one for mass air flow, one for turbo boost, one for an open circuit which he thought might have been a knock sensor unhooked because the car is dead off the start but has a lot of top end power.. i checked but they are connected and another which was number 14 which the mechanic said was a dealer code. anyone know what that code means and also if these codes are on because of the upgrades.i also have not had it tuned yet which i think might be the reason but im not sure.. the place im bringing it to to get tuned says to make sure if the light is on that you know what they are or have them fixed..

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Use the link in my sig to check the codes for yourself. Pull the EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box for one minute first, then put it back. Go for a drive around, and re-check them.

Let us know what you have, and we'll help you fix it.