Cheapest place to get rear hatch window trim?

jdc4357

Nov 18, 2007
missouri
I can't stand to look at the rear trim anymore and was wondering what was the cheapest price people have had to pay for new trim and where from. Donor cars trim around here is as bad as mine is if not worse. I would rather just pay for new ones and not have to worry about it for another 20 years.
Tia,
jamieC

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I was debating whether or not I should plasti dip my trim.. Peel off all the old black stuff (if it's peeling... like mine..), spray on plasti dip.. good to go!

Dan88t

Jun 12, 2007
Binghamton, NY
So those of you that have used plasti-dip on those trim pieces, it worked well and has lasted? How much prep did you do?
I removed what was left of the factory paint with sand paper (also did the top trim on the doors) and primed/painted them and it didn't even last a year before the paint started falling off in chunks even tho the car is in a garage 95% of the time...

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i'm interested in new trim as well. the hatch leaks pretty good on the 87 i'm getting, and i don't need it rotting out.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
not 100% sure. the spare tire well was full of water, and the trim around the window is lifting. i want to pull the window out and have it resealed.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
I had a lot of issues with mine. I ended up replacing my lower window trim, tail light gaskets, window wiper seal and then I found the source to come from the three white plastic clips that hold the window up. They are located under the lower window trim. I used a good amount if silicon on those and it fixed it

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
seoul4korea;1947056 said:
I had a lot of issues with mine. I ended up replacing my lower window trim, tail light gaskets, window wiper seal and then I found the source to come from the three white plastic clips that hold the window up. They are located under the lower window trim. I used a good amount if silicon on those and it fixed it

good post.. thanks for the warning, as I hope to re-assemble one real soon..

EDIT: except, i can't bring myself to use silicone on a car, maybe foam washers, or cup-shaped plug receivers, unsure till i look

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
#04;1947057 said:
good post.. thanks for the warning, as I hope to re-assemble one real soon..

EDIT: except, i can't bring myself to use silicone on a car, maybe foam washers, or cup-shaped plug receivers, unsure till i look

Well I only decided to do it because they held the window up and I didn't want to have to remove my entire window just to replace those three little parts. I'm leaving my car in Texas for three years as I'm being stationed in Guam so I had a bit list of stuff to fix first

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
^no I hear you, certain situtations... call for certain solutions

where as I'll be doing full re-assembly and need to keep a clean area prior to paint.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yes, those three holes that hold the white clips. The washers come on the lower window trim. I was kind of shocked to see them, because when I pulled my original window trim, there were no washers left. A whole lot of dirt, but that obviously wasn't really slowing the leak down.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
dealership and cheap don't go hand in hand. Last time I checked, there were only a few sets of hatch window trim left and for a full set was going to be around 450 USD. My dealership is usually pretty good about being able to source parts for me.