Cheapest and Fastest Mods

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
i have an 87 turbo supra. its got a welded muffler that sounds eh ok that my brother did. thats about it aside from the neons and subwoofer that add like 45 horsepower i think? hahha stupid ricer. anyways what is the cheapest and quickest way to get it up to par.. i was thinking first step is apexi boost controller.. then catback.. downpipe and test pipe.. then idk. also what brands would you recommend.. i want loud and good sound quality but im more concerned about raw power.. helpppp

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
metal head gasket......its worth to replace before u blow the stock one- and u will blow the stock one.

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
supra_ed said:
metal head gasket......its worth to replace before u blow the stock one- and u will blow the stock one.

hahahahha i just blew the stock one less then 2 weeks ago and had it replaced.. only mistake was.. WITH ANOTHER STOCK ONE.:1zhelp:

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
I will give u my personal run down of it. Intake and exhaust are ur probaly best way of getting power off it.

intake-there are many brands out there but in most test apexi seems to be the best performing and filtering
exhaust- A test pipe for sure then probaly the bic DDP is the best by far for performance. As for a catback there are many choices out there but IF ur looking for performance I would Go with the RSR becuases it is one of the straightest out there or either the 4 inch HP freaks goliath

next would be a boost control electrical or manual depends on your choice have to search and decide for your self.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Go outside right now and retorque your HG to about 70-75 lbs. The spec is 58, and it's wrong. That's one of the main reasons why it blows.

aidanair

Cops Love Me
Aug 27, 2007
Marlboro
supraguy@aol said:
Go outside right now and retorque your HG to about 70-75 lbs. The spec is 58, and it's wrong. That's one of the main reasons why it blows.

what do you mean... you cant torque a head gasket can you.. just the head or mani

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
The studs/bolts between the head and the block. You really need to get everything sorted out before you start modding. Or else you will be in square 1 all over.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Retorque the head bolts to 72 ft/lbs per the tsrm procedure, crack one loose at a time.

Intake, exhaust, hardpipes, recir. BOV, boost controller, fuel trimming device, bigger intercooler, more fuel, AFPR, fuel pump, bigger turbo, overbuild the engine, break shit, do it all over again ;).

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
The hg is fine if your just going to run a stock turbo. Just put some ARPs on it and it'll be fine.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
IJ. said:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Stock head gasket is fine if the bock and head surfaces are in good shape, use ARP hardware, and torque to the ARP spec...just don't let the car run hot...and they last, even at above-stock boost levels. (Of course I'm assuming that a quality HG is used, not an eBay special.)