cheapest 2jz

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
hey ppl im looking to get a front clip or just an engine and tranny. where is the cheapest and more reliable place to get one????

i have searched for some and found a few at like Osaka and a few other places off of yahoo.

any info would be good

thanks

trev

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
why go cheap ? find a reputable importer (Jarco, JHOT, DM)... and go for a front clip. You'll never have to source any parts whatsoever since everything is included. Trust me... you won't regret it. It will be expensive though but in the end it pays off.

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
im not going for CHEAP im going for less money but still a reputable importer like which one will be more trusting for less bucks

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
japaneseengineimport on ebay seems pretty good. i bought mine from them for $2100 and shipping was free. they called me not even an hour after i had won the engine. i received it early the next week. came with complete engine harness, ecu and auto tranny

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
For the record, I got mine from Osaka and it was unbelievably clean, everything looked perfect, and the compression was 100% to spec. I would go with them if again if I needed to. Plus, 1750 shipped for a full 2j wasnt a bad price.

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
so it was just 1750 for the motor tranny and ecu. what else did you have to get to swap it over?

edit: i just looked on osaka and WTF a 2jz w/ 6spd 5500 and a 2jz w/ auto only 1700!!!!! :0 whats the model code for the 6spd is it T56???

Last edited:

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
the 6speed is a GETRAG German made tranny and its the v160 not t56...t56 is more domestic....camaros, T/As and even Aston Martin from what i hear.

v160 6speed supra trans is like 2500 bucks by it self man

kikwear002

Oct 16, 2006
Ft myers florida
GotTurbos? said:
For the record, I got mine from Osaka and it was unbelievably clean, everything looked perfect, and the compression was 100% to spec. I would go with them if again if I needed to. Plus, 1750 shipped for a full 2j wasnt a bad price.
I ordered 3 1jz's from them, everyone had something wrong with it, cut harness, chaser engine, soarer.

They are very quick to tell you they have something and then send something else. After you pay them they give a shit about you. I had john calling me 30 tiems one day about how he was going to kill me because i refused an engine he messed up and snet me when i didn't order.

I would spend the extra and get one from jhot or jarco.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I would buy from a place near you.
I'll be buying from Jarco, they have a place in GA, and thats a few hour drive, and I can "talk" with them if need be.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
get ahold of japaneseengineimport on ebay. shipping is free. the price of the engine is around $2100. the harness was uncut and they called me right away.

devilpup

May 24, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I was looking at this engine, JDM Engine Corp.
It seems like a really good deal, seeing all that it comes with. I just wanted to know if any of you knew of this company, and if I can trust them. I just thought that $4k for the engine, tranny, turbo, and all the other parts seemed a little cheaper than I expected. Thanks.