Cheaper alternative to Toyota's expensive spherical bushings

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
Recently replaced my spherical bushings in the rear spindle on my mk3 because the old ones were shot to shit. I could wiggle my rear wheels side to side no matter which way I grabbed it. Anyways I didn't want to replace the spherical with a solid bushing because of risk of fatiguing other suspension components, which from searching the forums can happen if it doesn't have a spherical bushing.

But the Camry of certain years uses the exact same spherical bushing we use in our rear spindle and a brand called Febest makes them for that application so I got them and they looked like pretty good quality and when i got them was rather impressed. They were nice and tight when they pivot. Anyways got them for about $17 shipped each on eBay and replaced them and now my rear wheels are nice and tight.

Febest part number is TAB-002Z. Anyways just wanted to share incase another relatively poor mk3 owner wants to replace their spherical bushings but don't want to buy the expensive Toyota ones. And just in case you were wondering, YES they were a bitch and a half to get in and out. I did it on the car using an extensive contraption of long bolts and giant sockets to pull out the old ones and effectively press in the new ones. Not very easy without a press

Heres an ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arm-Bushing-For-Rear-Assembly-Febest-TAB-002Z-/281417727433?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4185cdbdc9&vxp=mtr

Reactions: alcyon

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Thanks to this thread i went ahead and purchased these spherical bushings. Quality looks pretty decent, greatly improved the suspension in the rear and it fixed the excessive play it had.

Here are some pics of the replacement of the spherical bushings while the hub is still on the supra..
I used a variety of sockets, bolts, nuts, washers and some heat.

old worn out stocker:

New one going in

just a tip when going to replace the bushings use grade 8 bolts, 1/2 impact driver and at least a small propane torch..

Reactions: alcyon

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Nice find.
I also paid ~100 for my pair from the dealership.