cheap lamborghini

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i was looking for supras on ebay and i noticed this posting http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turn-Key-Bat-Roadster-NO-RESERVE-WINNER-GETS-IT_W0QQitemZ120520018247QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1c0f8d8947#ht_2641wt_1165
its a pontiac fierro chassis and engine with custom body work to look like a Murcielago. it looks like a good idea and a whole lot cheaper but i was looking at the pictures and i noticed he only showed pics of the front of the car when it was being worked on. and the other pics were pics of the actual lamborghini but he photo shopped the emblem out very poorly. and the engine bay looks so gay. its just a bunch of sheet metal riveted together and spray painted silver. then the engine looks like its wrapped in aluminum tin foil and then painted. lol

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
like that car might be good to impress a dumb blonde but once you take it onto the streets you'll get the "double stare" one for it "looking" like a lambo and the second for questioning the imperfections if it really is a lambo

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
bmoss85;1497539 said:
What amazes me is the price people pay for these cars.

If i were to buy a "kit car" it would be this: http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html

That's my next project car... It's not pretending to be something, it is something in and of itself.

If you cannot afford a Lamborghini, have the self respect to not pretend to drive one...

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Supracentral;1497586 said:
That's my next project car... It's not pretending to be something, it is something in and of itself.

If you cannot afford a Lamborghini, have the self respect to not pretend to drive one...

Honestly for price and performance you can not beat that car. I've heard really good things about factory five. I thought there was a company in Atlanta that was building some of their AC Cobra kits, I could be wrong though.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Supracentral;1497586 said:

Looks like it'd be a good graduation present to myself... Time to start saving :love:

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
sk6471;1502149 said:
Even with a stock LS3 that car would embarrass everything on the road.

And is cheap when compared to anything with even close to that kind of performance.

My wife says its ugly and she wouldn't ride in it. I told her if she didn't want to I could find somebody that did.

Last edited:

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
dont let the price fool you that gtm still isnt gonna be cheap alot of extras need to be bought not more then people are paying for the other kit cars but yes I would much rather have a car like the gtm and just think how good you would feel knowing you built your car from the ground up I mean really the ground up from a box of parts.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GTM will still cost $50K unless you're REAL lucky on finding the source 'vette.

I dunno, it just looks like it lacks body lines or something.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Poodles;1502777 said:
GTM will still cost $50K unless you're REAL lucky on finding the source 'vette.

Realistic budget for the car is $40 - 60K, so you're dead on. I know a few people that have built them.

Poodles;1502777 said:
I dunno, it just looks like it lacks body lines or something.

I think the car looks like sex, but you're entitled to your opinion... Even if it is wrong. :biglaugh:

Also these cars have A/C, power windows, radios, etc... They aren't the average kit car.