Chargespeed Turbo-A duct for CHEAP!

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Knowing my luck, I'd get a real one, someone would tap me and bugger up the urethane and be stuck with a sad, very pricey paperweight and a hole in the nose. I can always get this one fixed within reason :D!

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
the turbo A duct is really just for looks right??? does it add like better air flow or something to the intercooler??

I'm also a big fan of the Turbo-A supra, I think there amazing creations though there so much I have to learn about them.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
bgrieger said:
Knowing my luck, I'd get a real one, someone would tap me and bugger up the urethane and be stuck with a sad, very pricey paperweight and a hole in the nose. I can always get this one fixed within reason :D!

Urethane is much easier to repair than fiberglass. Why do you think the majority of bumper covers are made of urethane?

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
bgrieger said:
I'll snap a few pics of it when I get home. Looks very close to the real deal, right down to the studs and license plate threaded inserts, but glass instead of urethane.

this is the chargespeed one?

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
I've always found glass to be easier to work with than urethane. Being a chemical set plastic, it's always patchable, but fibreglass can physically be rebuilt, reshaped and modified. Preference I guess.

No idea who made this one. Jose Maeso (sp?) had it on ebay. I don't think it is theirs from what I have heard, but I haven't held the charge speed one in my hands so I can't say for sure.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
that glass one you have is not a chargespeed duct.the quality of the one you have looks alot nicer.the chargespeed one has no studs,they could easily be put on thought.no license plate inserts,but i realy don't want my plate there anyways.i bought one of these because it is cheap and i'm not sure if i want it on there when my car is painted.i cut the hole in the bumper and support.i used fiberglass on the inside of the bumper to hold it in place.if you had an aftermarket glass bumper it would probably be easier as the bumper would be ridged and have its shape without the support.it deffinatly looks like it lets some air in,as you can see the whole top of the 1jz ic that is normaly hidden behind the bumper support.i'd like to find a nicer one for my new front bumper,as it does give an aggresive look to the front end IMO
keith
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
I'd rather have that cheaper replica, I do not like the screw mounts for the license plate, looks tacky to me.