Charge Pipe Routing

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hey guys, im in the middle of mocking up my intercooler and charge pipes right now. I was wondering if anyone could post pictures of how your passanger side piping is routed. I should also mention this is for a single, but even twins post away.

Id like to get an idea of how they are suppose to be routed before i deciede what way will work.

Thanks
Ryan

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
What single are you running? Mine makes a 90 off the compressor outlet which it pointed at the frame rail, Runs ahead, makes a 22.5 and goes through the hole under the headlight. Turns down and then turns again into the side of my FMIC. Kinda tight for the 90 off the turbo. Would like to cut the end off it and weld on a more gradual bend which starts a bit sooner. I also have too many couplers and would like to make it out of 2 pieces max.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Its a gt47 on a 2jz. Unfortunitly, how you have your piping ran, i wouldnt be able to run mine. It cant come up like that, it will have to go down towards the sway bar, im just not sure what side of the sway bar to go down on, or if i should go under the frame rail or under the sway bar.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's mine:

p1630768_1.jpg

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
^^ My end tanks are to large and ill have to run it out past the frame rails. Id almost have to run it out past the frame rails/tow hooks, then around back under the frame rails?

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
This is how I ran mine for my 7M. Pretty much the stock rout. It looks pretty long, but my .57 trim spools like like a mo-fo.
I'm not sure if this would be useful or not...

16b0g48.jpg

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
barkz;1630795 said:
I see a neon light bar!!! lol

Good eye! ;)

They are blue and are on every side. They came with the car and I can't wait for one of them to go out so I can have an excuse to rip it all out of there!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
With a 2J I am going to assume its a FFIM and not a GE-T. It might still be worth it to come up and over the frame rail and go through the hole depending on the sizing of piping and how low you want it to hang under the rail and what space is taken up with your intercooler.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
As you can see, i really have no choice but to bring the piping down low, but how and where is the question. The drivers side is fine, i have that pretty much figured out, just need some pointers on how i could run it on the passanger side.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

whitemike;1631017 said:
Looks like my setup will work for you. I'm gonna take some pics in a few mins..

That would be great!