Charge pipe hitting hot side of turbo (na-t 2jz)

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
If i put any kind of coupler or anything on my throttle body it will rest right on my turbo.. Dont really know how to remedy this i'm sure a hot turbo will make quick work of anything touching it. I tried two different turbos too, nothing crazy, mid sized turbos. Did any one else run into this problem with there na-t swaps?

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
If i welded it would it make my intake temps be too hot? touching the hot side of my turbo and all.. or would the coating help that much.. there literally isn't even room for wrap on there I wish i could afford a ffim :/

edit: a pic for you 525gte
0426121251.jpg0426121253.jpg

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Best bet is a ffim or go 1.5jz.

Same thug happened to my buddy except his turbo is smaller. Piping at tb can easily cook a egg in seconds.

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
Hold on, you could try a different style 2jzge manifold. Which style is that? I would Weld the intake pipe on and heat wrap everything. There are a lot of people that run various turbos and dont hit the TB y-pipe so dont worry. Worst case, get your manifold modified or purchase one with reviews of better fitment.

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
Do you guys think if i heat up all 6 runners of the exhaust manifold up i could bend it down a little for a little more clearance? i have sold motor mount so it wont be moving around.. I think that would give me enough clearance to weld on a pipe..

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
iirc degree on sf used a mustang tb which i way shorter than the long ass n/a tb. you can have the ic piping huge the head by the cps and fit a larger turbo. heres his thread. theres details about it somewhere in there. his build isn't exactly amazing to say the least but this is something that might help you. im almost done building the ffim for mine :biglaugh:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?640672-My-progress_v.2.0/page26

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
black89t;1832907 said:
iirc degree on sf used a mustang tb which i way shorter than the long ass n/a tb. you can have the ic piping huge the head by the cps and fit a larger turbo. heres his thread. theres details about it somewhere in there. his build isn't exactly amazing to say the least but this is something that might help you. im almost done building the ffim for mine :biglaugh:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?640672-My-progress_v.2.0/page26

Id love to try something like that. i wish i knew how to weld..

mk3sons

Sep 23, 2009
New Hampsire
destrux;1834290 said:
How are you doing the downpipe and wastegate pipe if you can't weld?

Sorry, i cant weld aluminium

and after looking at some more build threads there is a bunch of guys running the stock cross over manifolds.. Why are my hot sides so big :(