Charcoal Canister?

cesupra

May 20, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Two questions. Does anyone know where besides the dealer can I find a replacement for an 88 Supra (7M-GE) charcoal canister?

What is the acronym VTV stand for?

Thanks!

cesupra

May 20, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, I've tried searching the net and Autoparts stores and no one seems to carry the canister. They all point me to the dealer and their prices are always steep so I try to get a bargain before giving in. No such luck as of yet.

Thanks for the link to the acronyms. VTV wasn't on there. It's in the EC section of the TSRM:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/ec/EC_11.html

But it doesn't mention what it stands for.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
You probably already know that you can take it out. I don't know if it will mess with your emmissions, that may not work too well for you in your area.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well, I already responded to this in PM because I did not want to push my "sales" in the open forums (I usually only PM even in the classified sections).

Anyways, in case you are new to forums and did not notice it, I sent you out a PM telling you that you can have one for only $15 bucks.
TONY! said:
Hi, seen your thread...
I have one for sale from my car that I am parting out.
I am only asking 15 for it plus shipping.
My car is an 88 turbo, but I would think they are the same. I can show you pics of it if you want.
This is one pic of it:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Again, I know this is not the for sale section for me to post in, but I thought I should mention it to finish up your situation/problem....as well as let people know that you may be set with one (if you take this, that is).

Last edited:

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
The VTV is a Variable Throttle Valve (my interpretation). It is on the dashpot, which, when you let off the gas peddle, it keeps the throttle open for about 1 second. It helps with emmisions. If the whole dahpot system is removed, you won't notice a thing.