charcoal canister lower hose

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I have a 1990 Supra with a 7mge engine. I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question. I'm doing a 2jzge swap and I disconnected my charcoal canister almost a month ago and I can't seem to see where the lower hose/line connects too. I have the vacuum hose and the fuel vent hose but I have nothing on that side of the engine compartment and my old engine and parts are all over the place. Can someone let me know what that line connects to?

Thanks

Bernett

May 30, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Thanks. The line starts with rubber coming from the bottom them goes to a metal portion and the top of the metal portion looks like ai disconnected a rubber hose from it. Is there a rubber hose that connects to the metal pipe that acts like the vent? I still can't believe I can't remember how that came off.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The vent on the bottom is a rubber piece that fits snugly into the hole in the bottom of the canister. After the rubber piece is a metal tube with a slight bend. That metal tube fits into a hole in the fender. The metal sticks through the hole and vents underneath the car, keeping gasoline vapors out of the engine bay. There is a grommet on the metal hole so that you do not have any metal on metal contact.

Nothing connects to that metal pipe. It sticks through the floor of the fender (just behind/beside the downpipe).