Changing my head gasket, me asking for your help while doing this

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
jonahs_supra;1894805 said:
DON'T SAY THAT!!! AHHHHHH
Numba1Stuna;1894820 said:
I'm happy for you bro! I've got to get cracking on mine and take the damn head down to get it pressure tested. I miss driving the twins...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man I missed hearing the turbo spool up and the flutter but the whistle was also menacing. Now I just need to get to replacing the thermostat housing and the BVSV valve they are just sitting in my room. I would have replaced them by now but my second car, 98 honda accord, the tire delaminated on the highway and tore off part of the front bumper, the side skirt, and bent the fender as well as breaking the turn signal cable. So that car needs a lot of work to get it running right and I have to get it inspected I rather just spend the money on getting the supra all ready to go and registered.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So this finally arrived
8241468967_5285f16b69_b.jpg

It seems a bit small diameter wise then I remembered the size of the turbo inlet, so it makes sense. So I just need one coupler right? I don't really plan on installing this anytime soon since I fixed my boost leak but if I am working on the car and have easy access to it then I will.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well technically the head gasket repair part is over lol I rather use this thread to ask questions I may have instead of making a new thread or whoring another.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Next reply is #666.

That charge pipe looks good to me. You should only need 1 2" coupler. That's a tiny bit smaller than the factory, but it's really tiny, and a 2" coupler will work fine.

Mine is 2.5" because I have a larger compressor housing, but that's exactly what I'm using, with the 45 silicone elbow on the turbo. (I figured that it could deal with any flex better that way.)

Be careful how the elbow sits near the steering rack. Mine rubs sometimes. It may be a problem someday...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Alright so I plan on changing my tranny and diff fluid very soon, I can get my hands on redline MT 90 but red gear oil is a bit difficult unless I drive a good distance or order it online. I can easily get my hands on mobil 1 gear oil and thinking about using that but do I need a friction modifier with it?

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
You should move this to the build threads. People cant use this to help with their cars (when they have similar problems as you) without going through all these pages

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
well it is separated the head gasket part is the first part of this thread ends at like page 57 or so and the rest is just me asking questions.