changed head gastket, car wont start need help!

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
Hello everyone,

ok so i changed the head gasket,
i pulled the engine to do it, which is a lot lot easier.
i took pictures of everything, im sure everythign is hooked up right.

it turns over fine, i checked there is gas in the fuel rail, i have power to the injectors and its not likely that all the injectors fail is it?

i have power to the coil pack so it is grouned by that little screw, and they all have power,

im going to check if i have spark now, maybe the plug wires are shit, but they are only a year old.

my only question, is the timing, i didnt remove the cams when i took off the head, but they did not move, and neither did the crank. so im confused.

i did take off the cps to change the gasket, i didnt do anything special, i just made sure not to move the little gear when i took it off, is the thing spring loaded or something that would make it move by itself,

so there is my problem,, i need help, preferably tonight,

thanks a lot for any help, this site is always the backbone of projects, lol so hopefully it will be tongith too!

Joe

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
to check timing- manually turn crank to appropriate mark, check to make sure cams are lined up with their marks, snd line up the marks on the cps.
usually u can tell if its out of time when u turn it over. does it sound normal, backfire??

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
ok so i dont think that its the timing but if it comes to it ill check it thanks for the advice,

new news, i took out a plug, i have spark and good spark, but the tip was not wet , it should havve been, i also cranked it over and looked down where the plug was and it was dry and no gas was comming in, so there is no gas!

but i took the return line off at the end of the fuel rail, and cranked it, and gas came out, so im getting gas right? so what is wrong?
why are the injectors not getting gas into the cylinders

any ideas
thanks!!

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
never mind figured it out, Im a moron, i have an hks system in it,a nd its in the glove box, i forgot to plug it in woops, so all this trouble for my dumb mistake.

thanks for looking though.

btw, it runs great lol