Changed ECU caps, still same problem

Krister

Holset lover
May 2, 2005
Finland, Europe
Hi,

My friend changed the ECU caps, but I still have the same problem.

-car works fine when cold and 5-10 min after
-Goes in to fuel dump mode, 3 an 5 cyl plugs wet and runs on 4 cylinders
-white smoke that smells fuel

Could it be something else in the ECU?

I have another ECU coming to me, but it will take two weeks and I'd like to get the car on the road before that.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Krister said:
Hi,

My friend changed the ECU caps, but I still have the same problem.

-car works fine when cold and 5-10 min after
-Goes in to fuel dump mode, 3 an 5 cyl plugs wet and runs on 4 cylinders
-white smoke that smells fuel

Could it be something else in the ECU?

I have another ECU coming to me, but it will take two weeks and I'd like to get the car on the road before that.

When one of my caps went it leaked on a trace. Take a look at the circuits around the caps and check to make sure none were damaged.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think the injector drivers are the big green rectangular capacitors on the main board. If one of these went bad, it may cause the issue your describing, unfortunately I have no idea what the values of them are.

Krister

Holset lover
May 2, 2005
Finland, Europe
JonoTurbo said:
When one of my caps went it leaked on a trace. Take a look at the circuits around the caps and check to make sure none were damaged.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think the injector drivers are the big green rectangular capacitors on the main board. If one of these went bad, it may cause the issue your describing, unfortunately I have no idea what the values of them are.

Thanks, I'll have to check out the green caps and see if I can find those from a electronic shop.

Can someone confirm that the green rectangular ones are the injector driver ones?

Last edited: