Chambers Build Thread - "One Wheel Drive"

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Hi all, along with my many Supra I have many MORE bikes. Mostly 60's-90's metric cruisers, but recently my father and I have been working on this 1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750. We got the bike for free with a blown engine, the previous owner had no mechanical skills and after a failed attempt to replace a blown clutch and a 15-16k rpm burnout he blew it up. Since we didn't have any 750 GSX-R engines laying around we decided to put our good 1990 Katana 600 engine on the 750 frame. Yea, it seems like backwards thinking, usually you "upgrade" to a larger engine but the 600 was on a steel frame, the 750 frame is all aluminum so right off the bat we are lighter, and most of the parts so far were free or a couple of bucks. As of now we have less than $100 in the whole bike. But we do have many hours in the frame and engine polish, and its still not done.

I'd figured I would share at least one of my other projects, and since this is the prettiest I figured it would be the best. So far we have test fitted everything and just need to fab up four triangular brackets and a few shims to align the trans with the rear sprocket and it should be good to go. The wiring is very similar and should work out quite well. There is very little we are not touching on this bike. The front we converted from a dual light with a full fairing to a single light with no fairing. The engine is being cleaned up and some parts polished to POP without the side fairings on. The rear fairings will remain with the factory tail light. Its all starting to come together now, and its getting exciting to see it.

Today's moch up of the rear fairings, seat, and tank:
img0197bs.jpg

Headlight assembly, still need to mount the turn signals:
img0202dq.jpg

Tail light moch up:
img0200tw.jpg

img0199ee.jpg

We fabbed up this "bridge" to connect the two rear fairings:
img0207bh.jpg

Gauge cluster:
img0205mw.jpg

Can anyone say 13K of pure fury?
img0206f.jpg

This is the 600 engine, photo is rotated for clarity:
img0194sl.jpg

Some random polished oogally eye photos:
img0188cx.jpg

img0190jn.jpg

img0191as.jpg

img0204td.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Hi all,

We got a little bit done tonight, we pulled apart the rear wheel and found we were missing a spacer and some of the rubber shock absorbers. After waiting a week or two for parts we were able to set the rear wheel up right and now its good to go! I bought a 48 tooth rear sprocket, so thing should wake up quite a bit.

img0242dl.jpg

img0244h.jpg

img0245wv.jpg

img0246nw.jpg

img0247ca.jpg

img0249dd.jpg

img0250pk.jpg

A shot of our small shop where magic happens :D

img0253op.jpg