CF Stout/custom hoods soon available for the mk3!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
MKivSupra_Rob said:
The hood makes the mkiii, i would have settled for a stout, UNTIL i seen tanya's wow, I'm definatly holding out til someone makes that! its beautiful. way to go tanya, you just lost them a sale lol But keep that design pic you have and keep pressuring eveyone to make it til someone does! please :)

Oh goodness, don't get me in too much trouble! :biglaugh: I think Nick is already aggrivated enough about that, I'll keep hush next time. I hope someone makes it too, but we'll see

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
Tanya said:
Oh goodness, don't get me in too much trouble! :biglaugh: I think Nick is already aggrivated enough about that, I'll keep hush next time. I hope someone makes it too, but we'll see

haha. no no. dont get me wrong Tanya. i ant mad at u. i just hate it when threads start go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic.

the hood does look nice. and we CAN do something like that no prob. but as stated. one thing at a time please ;)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
lol, I just misunderstood ya tis all. I hope you guys do make this hood eventually, I think it's a nice alternative to what all is out there right now. Good luck in the GB!

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
Tanya said:
lol, I just misunderstood ya tis all. I hope you guys do make this hood eventually, I think it's a nice alternative to what all is out there right now. Good luck in the GB!

so if we were to make "Top Secret Style" mk3 hoods, would that be considered

"some chezo coppies for ebay quailty cars...", where im "...actually doing a dis service to the true supra enthusiast" by making a product availble thats in demand thats hard to get?

please tell me cause someone else on this forum is crying that anything body styling made in america for japanese cars is "chezo for ebay quality cars" :p

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
damn, i posted a while back seeing if people liked the stout hood like i do too, and i get played out. saying it doesnt look better than oem. oh well, its cool though.
i thought i was gonna buy a stout hood from japanparts.com BUT count me in Nick, 500 is way better than the 900 it woulda cost me.
big ups to you guys,thanks :icon_bigg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I think some people are taking this too seriously, there's nothing wrong with copying the stout hoods to be mass produced for others. if they're of good quality, then what is the problem???

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I agree....The problem is people get all butthurt because they paid double what you did and they want it to be your problem too......life sucks....get over it!

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Man I was hoping I didn't need to come up with the money up front. I have some $ saved up but with the GB on the cams coming up soon, I'm gonna be a little short for the hood. This sucks!

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Tanya said:
I think some people are taking this too seriously, there's nothing wrong with copying the stout hoods to be mass produced for others. if they're of good quality, then what is the problem???
I don't want to get this thread locked, so I will just say its stealing someones product and making money off of it? What is RIGHT about that? Honestly if you can just steal someones idea / design and not feel any guilt about it thats just bad....

For your shirts you came up with your own idea's and if not probably asked people for permission to use their designs ect.... but how would you feel if I started selling all the things you sold for 25% cheaper ? Would you even bother making new products if I was just going to completely rip them off and offer a lower price so all the non-caring cheapskates could buy off me? You see then I would be driving you, a creative person away from actually making new products for our cars, which is real production. I realize that your shirt making business isn't all you do to make money or might not even make you money, but these companies make these to make money and live...

If the quality has gone to shit its one thing, like bomex... but for other companies like Regulus, Stout, Kaze.... ect who make high quality products its just wrong.

It's like actually supporting a band you like, instead of supporting a band that covers your favorite band and thats it.

When and if some of things comming in are replicated, like the S2 duct, I'll be paying for the ORIGINAL... I support companies who take the time to actually design their own products.

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
ok getting the popcorn and drink.

in the blue corner xxxxx
in the red corner xxxxx

i agree with you supraofdoom. i wont be buying one of the stout replicas. BUT if there was a different design i would. Hope Tanya's design gets produced.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Umm people have stole my designs/ideas before, and I've had to just let it go, so I know how it is.

With car shit, these cars are getting OLD. Like the mk2s, mk3s may end up having no one to be making NEW parts for them anymore and eventually things will have to be copied. Camshafts will be cloned, hoods will be duplicated, etc If you don't support the cloning of parts, don't buy them, pretty simple.

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
SupraOfDoom said:
I don't want to get this thread locked, so I will just say its stealing someones product and making money off of it? What is RIGHT about that? Honestly if you can just steal someones idea / design and not feel any guilt about it thats just bad....

For your shirts you came up with your own idea's and if not probably asked people for permission to use their designs ect.... but how would you feel if I started selling all the things you sold for 25% cheaper ? Would you even bother making new products if I was just going to completely rip them off and offer a lower price so all the non-caring cheapskates could buy off me? You see then I would be driving you, a creative person away from actually making new products for our cars, which is real production. I realize that your shirt making business isn't all you do to make money or might not even make you money, but these companies make these to make money and live...

If the quality has gone to shit its one thing, like bomex... but for other companies like Regulus, Stout, Kaze.... ect who make high quality products its just wrong.

It's like actually supporting a band you like, instead of supporting a band that covers your favorite band and thats it.

When and if some of things comming in are replicated, like the S2 duct, I'll be paying for the ORIGINAL... I support companies who take the time to actually design their own products.
I would agree with you completely IF those companies had their products in the US. If Regulus, Stout, Kaze etc.... had US distributors then it would be one thing because they would be available and priced competitively but they are not.

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
SupraOfDoom said:

Your post is a contradiction in terms, since copying a poor quality original [as in Bomex] is OK, but otherwise not OK. Bomex people need to make $ & live, too; irrespective of quality. Well, if copying poor quality products is OK with you, then in the same vein, copying products that are grossly overpriced should be OK, too.

Get off your high horse. Much like Bush's troop surge, there's nothing Congress can do to stop it, it's a done deal...so let it go. The SupraOfDoom non-binding resolution is duly noted & logged.

PowerTrip Performance

Custom Fabrication
Dec 5, 2005
Oregon
www.myspace.com
While we're all putting in our suggestions...could you have one made for me that sings, dances, out shines the northstar, makes my turbo spool faster, my motor run on water, and brings 2Pac back to life, and make it lauph like Sponge Bob Square Pants? if so then I'll be in for sure!

Sorry...some of these guys expect so much for so little :)

Good job on hooking up the CF hoods, I can't wait to see one.

PowerTrip Performance

Custom Fabrication
Dec 5, 2005
Oregon
www.myspace.com
Tanya said:
Umm people have stole my designs/ideas before, and I've had to just let it go, so I know how it is.

With car shit, these cars are getting OLD. Like the mk2s, mk3s may end up having no one to be making NEW parts for them anymore and eventually things will have to be copied. Camshafts will be cloned, hoods will be duplicated, etc If you don't support the cloning of parts, don't buy them, pretty simple.

And how about showing a little love for the guys who are producing new, innovative products for the MK3???...lol...sorry I could use a little pat on the back though :)

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
PowerTrip Performance said:
And how about showing a little love for the guys who are producing new, innovative products for the MK3???...lol...sorry I could use a little pat on the back though :)

lol what have you done that new and innovative?

as for the hood im glad to see someone replicating it....if it was widely available here for a decent price thats one thing...but to have to get it from overseas and for half the price of what most of these cars can be bought for as a whole is just wrong.

go for it nick!

Status
Not open for further replies.