Ceramic Coating Services?

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
Does anyone here offer ceramic coating for parts such as exhaust manifolds, heat shields etc? Or perhaps know of a reputable source that i can send my parts to get coated? I figured while my motor is apart is should get this done. Ive done a few searches and pmed a few people, but i havent gotten any recommendations.
Thanks in advance
-Pete

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Was it JDub that does the ceramic coating? I seem to remember that he used to at least. Its a place to start.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
theWeezL;1021738 said:
Was it JDub that does the ceramic coating? I seem to remember that he used to at least. Its a place to start.

yea i know, i pmed him a few days back.... but he hasnt replied. i figure he isnt doing it anymore, or is too busy.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Check your local hot rod groups. Odds are there is a reputable shop located somewhere nearby. You might pay a tad more... but you won't have to pay shipping.

I found one here in Portland that did my HKS 75mm Turbo Exhaust - this was done way back in 1998. I'm still running that exhaust.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
KeithH;1021904 said:
Check your local hot rod groups. Odds are there is a reputable shop located somewhere nearby. You might pay a tad more... but you won't have to pay shipping.

I found one here in Portland that did my HKS 75mm Turbo Exhaust - this was done way back in 1998. I'm still running that exhaust.

thanks. ill look into that.
-pete

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Google! i did some searching for you... (feeling nice today)

i googled "powder coat, philadelphia"

http://www.brookspowdercoating.com/1.html

http://www.delcopowdercoating.com (they do ceramic too)

Broadway's Industrial Finishing LLC Powder Coating‎
1621 S Broadway, Camden, NJ
(856) 541-8733‎

(they are pretty close to "north NJ" since thats all i had to go off of... call up any powder coat place and they should either do the ceramic or KNOW somebody who does...

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
Rennat;1021920 said:
Google! i did some searching for you... (feeling nice today)

i googled "powder coat, philadelphia"

http://www.brookspowdercoating.com/1.html

http://www.delcopowdercoating.com (they do ceramic too)

Broadway's Industrial Finishing LLC Powder Coating‎
1621 S Broadway, Camden, NJ
(856) 541-8733‎

(they are pretty close to "north NJ" since thats all i had to go off of... call up any powder coat place and they should either do the ceramic or KNOW somebody who does...

Read it again, he is asking about CERAMIC coating. Not powder coating.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
you must serisouly be blind...

the SECOND LINK DOES CERAMIC.
PLUS i even said to call the powder coat places because they'll probably KNOW who can do ceramic...

did you even fucking bother to READ my post?

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
I acually only really got to the "I gooled 'powder coat', Philly" part. But if you are looking for ceramic coating why would you google powder instead of Ceramic. Also you must not really be feeling nice today, is the cursing really required.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
your baltent disregard to READ wasnt necessary... it pisses me of when people say "wtf why did you do that" when they didnt even take the 30 seconds to READ. it takes longer to quick reply and write what you wrote then it takes to read my post.

i googled it because MOST powder coat also does ceramic coat... or they know. plus you'll get more hits for powder coat than ceramic coat... and if he wants to get some parts powder coated like the vavle covers and compressor cover then he just takes everything to one place.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
thank rennat. i also googled as well. there werent too many places that offered ceramic coating up near me (or at least advertised ceramic coating on their webpage).
i found this guy on the bmw forums who offers CC. he wants $130 for the exhaust manifold. seems kinda pricey but he is local and ill probably save money on shipping or the cost of gas if its far away.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
$130 for an inline 6 cast manifold is a pretty decent price...

like i said though, if you call around and you bring them a bunch of stuff, you can probably get a price break of 10 or 20... and if you know somebody with a bead blaster, CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN it first, they'll LOVE you for it.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Pete - I still do this, but the turn around times have been excessive due to working on time critical commercial jobs. I sent you a PM.

In any case, if you get the exhaust parts done, make very sure the coating is rated at 2000 deg F...otherwise you will get flaking, cracks, etc. The coating I use is a Mil-spec originally intended for the turbine casings on jet engines...it is very good. This coating will turn under very high heat conditions...it turns to a titanium gray (exactly what's bonded in the coating). It does not affect the thermal properties, but it's no longer shiny...this is only on exhaust manifolds and downpipes, heat shields stay looking nice and bright.

BTW - My normal pricing (using your parts) is for a turbo exhaust manifold is $100...for an upper/lower intake manifold its $150 ;)