Centralia may 16

Michael764

Dirgle;1321506 said:
Wow that suck man. Sorry to hear it. Did you manage to pick the 7m up or did this happen before that?

Speaking of 7m there was another casualty, a burgundy MKIII with an auto 7M-GE poped it's head gasket. A group of us stopped and grimjack got to use his 16 liters of water he brought just encase:icon_razz.

my dad drove the 7m up, and saw the mkiii down and another pulled over- any one know who that was?

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
Michael764;1321584 said:
my dad drove the 7m up, and saw the mkiii down and another pulled over- any one know who that was?

I am the proud owner of that lol. Hasn't really bummed me out though. It actually opened up a lot of options for me. So expect me to be asking around for tips on a swap coming up. And don't be afraid to ask for some engine parts at a mark down to make room in the engine bay and bolster my funds for a new everything :p

On the other hand a certain someone has about a 15 ton pile of argument for me to go 1jz now and any advice that anyone has would be a delight.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
The_Scuzz;1321934 said:
On the other hand a certain someone has about a 15 ton pile of argument for me to go 1jz now and any advice that anyone has would be a delight.

^LOL! You should now buy HonestAbe's 89, and then do the 1JZ swap. Use your grey interior, and whatever else is in the best shape between the two cars. Believe you me, once you have felt the difference in the way the 1J drives, you'll wished you had never wasted a penny on anything 7M!:nono::biglaugh:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
91T breezen';1321946 said:
^LOL! You should now buy HonestAbe's 89, and then do the 1JZ swap. Use your grey interior, and whatever else is in the best shape between the two cars. Believe you me, once you have felt the difference in the way the 1J drives, you'll wished you had never wasted a penny on anything 7M!:nono::biglaugh:

:3d_frown:

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
I blew up a rear tire going about 140 - 150 km/h on the drive home and bent the rim... so now im back to stock sawblades and possibly even stock ride hight if i decide to take my lowering springs out..

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
^LOL! You should now buy Honestabe's 89, and then do the 1JZ swap. Use your grey interior, and whatever else is in the best shape between the two cars. Believe you me, once you have felt the difference in the way the 1J drives, you'll wished you had never wasted a penny on anything 7M!:nono::biglaugh:

I would him rather choose a shell that's rust free. Besides, my 89 is already being torn apart and being parted out. And yes, the 1J is an amazing motor that is absolutely awesome. It's a completely different animal from the 7M.

91TurboDave

Suprafile
Nov 8, 2007
Washington
Damn, sorry I missed it guys. The little one is sick and I was home helping get him better. Looks like it was a great turn out and alot of fun. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one. Could be JZ powered by then, or maybe just a monster of a 7M haven't decided yet which way to go. Either way I'll have a complete motor for sale here soon...need the cash to finish my build, and get the damn hood I want....grrr... Duane why did you have to stop making them, I can't find a good one anywhere.:3d_frown: Well only time will tell...need to start a build thread.... Thanks for the Invite guys...again sorry I missed it.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC

Double :3d_frown: on that one Batman....

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
upgradedsupra;1321951 said:
:3d_frown:

Haha, it's really going to boil down to availabliltiy and price and to some extent time. I'll tell everyone what I felt the first time driving my Supra. I never felt so much power behind a car that had nothing done to it, and it felt like taking the loop on a roller coaster every time I put my foot into it. There are no closed doors as to what goes in for now, but 1jz seems like something a little more reliable for me and my cash flow. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up 7m-GTE though. Anyone want to start a pool? lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
The_Scuzz;1322568 said:
Haha, it's really going to boil down to availabliltiy and price and to some extent time. I'll tell everyone what I felt the first time driving my Supra. I never felt so much power behind a car that had nothing done to it, and it felt like taking the loop on a roller coaster every time I put my foot into it. There are no closed doors as to what goes in for now, but 1jz seems like something a little more reliable for me and my cash flow. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up 7m-GTE though. Anyone want to start a pool? lol

lol Here we go again. We have locals here pushing over 400 rwhp on stock engines, AND, get ready for this! They are reliable! yes, you heard it right folks, reliable, drives, rolls, boosts and even turns!!!

:biglaugh:

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
The_Scuzz;1321934 said:
I am the proud owner of that lol. Hasn't really bummed me out though. It actually opened up a lot of options for me. So expect me to be asking around for tips on a swap coming up. And don't be afraid to ask for some engine parts at a mark down to make room in the engine bay and bolster my funds for a new everything :p

No problem ;)
carfreek;1322528 said:
LOL @ Tom. 1J missionary.

:biglaugh:

The_Scuzz;1322568 said:

Ask Duane how many motors he has blown up :biglaugh::1zhelp:

1JZ FTW!!!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ask anyone running 900+ hp how many engines they have blown up. Engine doesn't matter much at that level, there's plenty of guys blowing up 2J engines - or, for that matter, 'vette engines pop just as easily when you start pushing that many ponies.

More realistically, how about asking me how many 7Ms I've blown up. Answer? ONE, and I did it on purpose. It took 23psi daily on a 60-1 upgraded CT still running stock fuel AND a stock head gasket... and even then it took months of abuse before finally letting go. I did this as an experiment, as I already had the forged motor built and sitting in the garage waiting to go in.

Anyone who claims the 7M is weak is yanking your chain, or trying to blame the engine for 20+ years of abuse and neglect.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
I agree. the newest 7m is from 1992. That is a long time of neglect. I didnt have a single problem driving down or driving back . Temp didn't even budge in the Tacoma traffic. What I did notice was all the smoking from the jz equipped cars.

( preemptive ownage...Gotta have oil to smoke, gotta have coolant to smoke, Gotta be running to smoke....yeah I get it )

Point is there is no point. A engine is only worth the amout of time and money you put into it.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
GrimJack;1324080 said:
Ask anyone running 900+ hp how many engines they have blown up. Engine doesn't matter much at that level, there's plenty of guys blowing up 2J engines - or, for that matter, 'vette engines pop just as easily when you start pushing that many ponies.

More realistically, how about asking me how many 7Ms I've blown up. Answer? ONE, and I did it on purpose. It took 23psi daily on a 60-1 upgraded CT still running stock fuel AND a stock head gasket... and even then it took months of abuse before finally letting go. I did this as an experiment, as I already had the forged motor built and sitting in the garage waiting to go in.

Anyone who claims the 7M is weak is yanking your chain, or trying to blame the engine for 20+ years of abuse and neglect.

Oh trust me I know... If you have cash then no need to use another engine. I ran a GT4088 18psi on a stock 7M with fuel support mods and a tune for man I don't even know... a long time... It finally blew up last year. But for me the 7M did have the power curve or the rev I wanted, and I did not want to put 20 grand into the motor so... I went 1JZ and so far I'm more than happy. The twin's are lots of fun and the motor is just a fun revving machine.

It boils down to what you want! Oh and how much cash you have. 1JZ runs you about 6 grand to complete give or take.

mattsplat72;1324213 said:
I agree. the newest 7m is from 1992. That is a long time of neglect. I didnt have a single problem driving down or driving back . Temp didn't even budge in the Tacoma traffic. What I did notice was all the smoking from the jz equipped cars.

( preemptive ownage...Gotta have oil to smoke, gotta have coolant to smoke, Gotta be running to smoke....yeah I get it )

Point is there is no point. A engine is only worth the amout of time and money you put into it.

:nono: Matt was I smoking? I do sometimes on start up but never driving...

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
No Cory you were not smoking, I am not trying to personally bust balls . I am just tired of getting bashed because I have a 7M. I dont want to put a 1J in my car . There were so many 1J's at centralia they look like they were the stock option in the MKIII.