centralia 05/16, anyone near renton?

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
Hi :)

Any who, I'm just wondering if anyone here is near the Seattle/Renton are and is going to the meet in Centralia. I'm getting on WA-167(@4108 E Valley Rd, Renton, WA(near Valley Medical Center)) until the exit onto WA-18 and the I-5.

Good news is that I've already got that day off of work. So if anyone ultimately has to go through that area or is willing to drive out to that area I'd love to meet some of the awesome Supra community in WA.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Scuzz; What will you be driving? I don't think anyone on here knows you or your ride. All the Tacoma area Supra's usually wait at our normal parking lot, off of Tacoma mall Blvd & 56th. The north enders join up with us for the roll out to Centralia. SF usually has a big thread also, a coiple of weeks before the meet.:icon_bigg

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
I'll be driving the "Burgundy Beast" as my friends and family have dubbed it, an '87 NA. Hardly a beast but then again I've only had it two weeks :p

Anyways, what time do you guys normally meet at in Tacoma in case I inevitably miss the giant convoy of Supras from further north?

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
No offense, but you will probably have a very diffacult time keeping up with the group. Almost everybody is boosting, and it's usually a very spirited drive down. I maybe see a ::bhg::in your near future!

Man, I'm an :asshole:!!!

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
91T breezen';1287293 said:
No offense, but you will probably have a very diffacult time keeping up with the group. Almost everybody is boosting, and it's usually a very spirited drive down. I maybe see a ::bhg::in your near future!

Man, I'm an :asshole:!!!

lols as if I didn't expect everyone to be boosting. As for a bhg that's why I'm doing maintenance work before dropping in and blowing three turbos in a couple months. I'll just be there for the fun of it, maybe pick up some tips and meet some of the community. Plus I just love driving it :)

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
The_Scuzz;1287299 said:
lols as if I didn't expect everyone to be boosting. As for a bhg that's why I'm doing maintenance work before dropping in and blowing three turbos in a couple months. I'll just be there for the fun of it, maybe pick up some tips and meet some of the community. Plus I just love driving it :)

Don't mind Tom... He had a maroon 88 NA once too (automatic). He just thinks he's hot shit now cuz he has a 1jz :biglaugh:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
kwnate;1287607 said:
Don't mind Tom... He had a maroon 88 NA once too (automatic). He just thinks he's hot shit now cuz he has a 1jz :biglaugh:

Tom's present moon roof car was also an auto.

BHG, what is that?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
turbo or not, come anyways. It will be a blast. I'll probably behave myself, I dont feel like getting a ticket out of country.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Jayhall;1287673 said:
turbo or not, come anyways. It will be a blast. I'll probably behave myself, I dont feel like getting a ticket out of country.

I'll be taking it easy too. Many new parts added to break in.. :)

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
upgradedsupra;1287684 said:
I'll be taking it easy too. Many new parts added to break in.. :)

Sounds like it'll be fun fun. I'm really excited to see some real Supra power up close and personal. It's kind of fun being the low man on the totem starting from practically scratch, getting an idea of what sort of direction I want my Supra to go in, get some input from everyone. On top of all that, not working+driving= good times.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I guess I had all that coming to me!:rolleyes: Mine was an 87N/A, same color, and an auto! Top speed...126mph...downhill!:biglaugh:
I spent too much money trying to make it look good, before I realized that everyone else that seemed to have Supra's, had Turbo's!:icon_surp
Centralia is a great place to get idea's and motivation.

P.S. Don't waste your time on a 7M!!! (Hi Duane!):: badger :::biglaugh:

The_Scuzz

2nd Lvl Narb...
Mar 18, 2009
Renton, WA
91T breezen';1288121 said:
I guess I had all that coming to me!:rolleyes: Mine was an 87N/A, same color, and an auto! Top speed...126mph...downhill!:biglaugh:
I spent too much money trying to make it look good, before I realized that everyone else that seemed to have Supra's, had Turbo's!:icon_surp
Centralia is a great place to get idea's and motivation.

P.S. Don't waste your time on a 7M!!! (Hi Duane!):: badger :::biglaugh:

See :p but I'm a firm believer in that something needs to work right before you can make it work better. So all my upgrades are either going to be general maintenance so I get from point A to point B in one piece and to fix up all the craptacular junk the previous owner did to it.

And well as far as a different engine, I just wonder what sort of stuff I'd need for 1jz besides money...

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
kwnate;1287637 said:
Tom's present car was also maroon (w/ moonroof), but he now calls it burgandy.

Toms present car was also the one that rolled into centralia one time with non hub-centric mustang wheels which he now calls a burgandy jz with moonroof.