Cell phone in 1928?

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
I wonder how many bars of service she had there? You know, because they had cell phone towers in 1928.... Lol. Some people are funny!

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
SupraMario;1634424 said:
Best explanation was that she was singing to herself and was cupping her ear to hear herself.

That's what I got out of if it. I always see announcers put their hand to their ear when announcing and she could have been on her way to a rehearsal or something for old tyme radio.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
He's just doing his thing
family-guy-greased-up-deaf-guy.jpg

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Depending on what theory of time travel you believe, if this person was in fact caught, then they would know already in the future and send someone back to prevent it from being discovered or simply travel back to prevent them from going all together. Again though, this would depend on what theory is correct regarding time travel.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IwantMKIII;1636681 said:
Depending on what theory of time travel you believe, if this person was in fact caught, then they would know already in the future and send someone back to prevent it from being discovered or simply travel back to prevent them from going all together. Again though, this would depend on what theory is correct regarding time travel.

Negative, time travel creates alternate universes. AKA Going back in time would not change the future of the reality you traveled back to in the first place and would only create an alternate reality that you would reside in.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
SupraMario;1636683 said:
Negative, time travel creates alternate universes. AKA Going back in time would not change the future of the reality you traveled back to in the first place and would only create an alternate reality that you would reside in.

Correct. You can go backward, but not forward.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
you can technically go forward by traveling at the speed of light, you will age at the current rate, while everything else accelerates..

if you travel long enough, you'll end up in the future at your current age..

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
SupraMario;1636683 said:

DreamerTheresa;1636752 said:
Correct. You can go backward, but not forward.

He did say:

IwantMKIII;1636681 said:

There are plenty of alternative theories to the alternative reality idea.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
RazoE;1636776 said:
you can technically go forward by traveling at the speed of light, you will age at the current rate, while everything else accelerates..

if you travel long enough, you'll end up in the future at your current age..

Actually you got that one backwords, Traveling faster than the speed of light allows you to go back in time. Not the other way around.

GrimJack;1636785 said:
He did say:

There are plenty of alternative theories to the alternative reality idea.

I was joking about it actually, that theory is from Dr. Michio Kaku

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-science-the-science/705191

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
GrimJack;1636837 said:
I figured as much... I am still giggling about people on the internet arguing about which time travel theory is correct, given that there isn't any hard evidence one way or another yet.

I've stuck to my guns on the time travel theory...It is a theory until we actually do it...