CCW - Custom Fitment for the MKIII

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I spoke with Dan @ CCW today and we were going back and forth on the fitment of the CCW classics on the MKIII. We discussed Duane's car but he said that he thinks he can get more rim under the car for those of us that are on street tires and not drag radials. To make a long story short, I am going to take a MKIII to CCW next week, and they are going to do custom measurements for our cars. I am pretty excited to have rims made specifically to our specs instead of trying to find the closest "match" for our make and model. Dan said he thinks he can come away with some very positive results with the car at the shop. Not sure if anyone has been in the market for CCW's but we will soon have custom fitment. I also provided the template from Arizona Performance to ensure these will clear the Wilwood BBK. Not sure if other companies have done this before, so I thought I would share with the community.

I will post the findings next week.

Chris

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
csnow;1533118 said:
I spoke with Dan @ CCW today and we were going back and forth on the fitment of the CCW classics on the MKIII. We discussed Duane's car but he said that he thinks he can get more rim under the car for those of us that are on street tires and not drag radials. To make a long story short, I am going to take a MKIII to CCW next week, and they are going to do custom measurements for our cars. I am pretty excited to have rims made specifically to our specs instead of trying to find the closest "match" for our make and model. Dan said he thinks he can come away with some very positive results with the car at the shop. Not sure if anyone has been in the market for CCW's but we will soon have custom fitment.

Chris

Chris, even without dr's, the car sitting low like mine will require a smaller tire, otherwise, they will rub the shock/adjustment clamps on the coil overs.. My offsets on the wheels require a fender roll 100% in the rear as the tire is almost flush with the fender now and as mentioned, close to the coil over adjustment clamps. So, having said that, if you want a wider rim, raise the car and fenders will NEED to be pulled.

CCW already did this entire deal with the R&D. I deal with John there. No idea why you need to do this over again. A measurement is a measurement, nothing custom about it. ;) My wheels were custom made for my car and will work for almost any other car too since they sit (more than likely) higher than my car. We went over this when we did measurements and such when I got mine.

Curious as to why you want a wider rim than 10? You have something hidden you're not telling us?

I need to call John to tell him to raise the price and that these are worth MUCH MUCH more!!! :)

Duane

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Duane,

I only spoke with Brad and then Dan, not John. He did mention that you had provided detailed measurements. Dan said that he "thought" he might be able to get more rubber under the front than what yours ended up with. He did mentioned that you had 17s in the rear with the DRs and he thought he could play with the offset. My only thought might be that he trusts no one's measurements over his own measurements - some people are like that. I dont think he meant any disrespect to you. I dont know for certain - you and CCW are by far more knowlegeable than I am with regards to rim offsets and measurements. I just want the black classics on my Supra :)

I definatley dont want to roll the fenders on my car and I dont really want wider than 10". I dont want to buy tires again (the ones I have are new). I am taking Tissimo's car next week. His car is setup with coilovers like mine. I cant take mine because the 2J is still on the stand and it will be another six weeks or so before it is running. As far as the engine goes, no secrets here. Just a 2J, HKS cams, and a little 67mm. I cant hang with the big dogs like you and Sean.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
csnow;1533152 said:
Duane,

I only spoke with Brad and then Dan, not John. He did mention that you had provided detailed measurements. Dan said that he "thought" he might be able to get more rubber under the front than what yours ended up with. He did mentioned that you had 17s in the rear with the DRs and he thought he could play with the offset. My only thought might be that he trusts no one's measurements over his own measurements - some people are like that. I dont think he meant any disrespect to you. I dont know for certain - you and CCW are by far more knowlegeable than I am with regards to rim offsets and measurements. I just want the black classics on my Supra :)

I definatley dont want to roll the fenders on my car and I dont really want wider than 10". I dont want to buy tires again (the ones I have are new). I am taking Tissimo's car next week. His car is setup with coilovers like mine. I cant take mine because the 2J is still on the stand and it will be another six weeks or so before it is running. As far as the engine goes, no secrets here. Just a 2J, HKS cams, and a little 67mm. I cant hang with the big dogs like you and Sean.

Being a machinist and working with tight tolerances, I don't see why he would do it all over. ;)

I have my car sitting low, maybe lower than most and it is very close to rubbing on the inner adjustment clamps on the coil overs. Now, if you were to raise it some great. BUT! The fenders should be rolled if you run a 275 tire or more. My fenders are rolled and my tires are almost flush as I said. If I could find a pic, I would show you.

For the front, I could have gone wider tires, but I bought them already. I run a 245 front but will get a 255 next time around. Remember, with piece wheels, you can always make them wider. :)

BRB as I'll check.
Duane

BTW, is this car you're getting Grey and in the SF photo section? See my post? LOL

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
upgradedsupra;1533164 said:
BTW, is this car you're getting Grey and in the SF photo section? See my post? LOL

The only thing getting grey is my hair....lol

My old supra was a 92 that I was doing a color change to grey. The new one is white.

Link to your post?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
csnow;1533174 said:
The only thing getting grey is my hair....lol

My old supra was a 92 that I was doing a color change to grey. The new one is white.

Link to your post?

Please tell me your new car is not what I thought you said it was, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Not White? There will be THREE cars with these and all in white. I am selling mine now. lol

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
No, I said it was the opposite of black. I said it is was like the stars and stripes - red, ....., and blue. Yeah, sorry.... it is white. I have only seen yours and the black one with CCW's. Who has the other one? I am going with the black and you are rocking the polished. What does the other white one have?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
csnow;1533182 said:
No, I said it was the opposite of black. I said it is was like the stars and stripes - red, ....., and blue. Yeah, sorry.... it is white. I have only seen yours and the black one with CCW's. Who has the other one? I am going with the black and you are rocking the polished. What does the other white one have?

Dan in Seattle has them, same colour too.

roadwarrior87

Jun 14, 2005
socal
IMG_9796-MA70-JZA70-Supra-Mark-3-copy.jpg

don't have any better pictures yet. exact measurements are unknown as I bought them 2nd hand
18x10.5 all around, 275/35 front and 285/30 rear, fenders are rolled and flared, but looks stock. So you can definitely get a good amount of rubber in the front with a narrower wheel and medium to high offset. I'd be interested in knowing the measurements that others have though.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
roadwarrior87;1533370 said:
IMG_9796-MA70-JZA70-Supra-Mark-3-copy.jpg

don't have any better pictures yet. exact measurements are unknown as I bought them 2nd hand
18x10.5 all around, 275/35 front and 285/30 rear, fenders are rolled and flared, but looks stock. So you can definitely get a good amount of rubber in the front with a narrower wheel and medium to high offset. I'd be interested in knowing the measurements that others have though.

Those are most likely MKIV offsets. I ordered mine and nobody has ever had them custom made before for an MKIII. Dan from Seattle also has a set similar time frame to me as well. Two sets so far, and another couple on the way it seems!

I don't know why people make a big deal out of the offsets as it is given to them. The MKIV has their offsets set and now can just order them.

As far as looking stock, they won't. The wheels stick out even if the fenders are pulled. The tire will stick out passed the body and (IMO) looks odd.

On a side note: The car above looks badass.

Duane :)

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
IJ.;1533373 said:
Triple Ugly ;)

Kinda like you in front of three mirrors :D

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

kwnate;1533450 said:
After the measurments are done, they should do a group buy. One out of every two mk4's has ccw's, why not mk3's.

I will ask them but the only problem I see is that most of the MK3 crowd won't spend $2600 on rims. I know some do, but the majority wont.

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
csnow;1533479 said:
Kinda like you in front of three mirrors :D

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I will ask them but the only problem I see is that most of the MK3 crowd won't spend $2600 on rims. I know some do, but the majority wont.

I go in for the gb