CBR F2 iginition problem

daught

Oct 5, 2007
Oakville
On my F2 I am starting to think I have some problems with my ignition. My plugs keep failing. I pull them out and the plugs spark to the side. It is wierd to explain. It seems they make these small sparks from the center electrode to the ceramic insulator(I know it makes no sence). They are not old at all. I got them last year. I checked the gap also. If I put another plug in, everything works. My carb does not leak one bit.
I am thinking my coils could be faulty. The spark itself seems much weaker compared to a car. I dont want to shell out $200 for two new coils for a problem that I might not really have. I am wondering if any one atempted to install a different coil on their bikes. Considering Ford has EDIS(wasted spark system like the F2) I dont see any major problems in wiring that system to an F2. The EDIS coils should be much stronger therefore they should fire much better even with wet/crappy plugs.
The only possible issue I can see here is the coil loading time. Since the ford EDIS is larger it might not load fast enough. I think this is only a theoretical problem, in real world the loading time difference should be negligible.