Casey's Ricer RHD Build

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
dcrusupra said:
I also ended up buying a new shifter bushing and socket from Marlin Crawler (I was under the impression that it was white?)
p588746_1.jpg

Anyway, I've been without a car since Friday. I've been using my girlfriends Jeep to get from my house to school and thats it. My daily driver is in for repairs. The rear struts needed to be replaced, the door lock actuator needed to be replaced, and the window motor and regulator needed to be replaced. Damn Hyundais, thank god for warranties.
LOL
sm_photo_missing.jpg

How much did all that cost ya? It's the plastic thing that goes on the end of the shifter right? What's the red thing for?

Should've bought a yota for a DD! ;)

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
kylefoto said:
How much did all that cost ya? It's the plastic thing that goes on the end of the shifter right? What's the red thing for?

Should've bought a yota for a DD! ;)

Lol, I was pushing for it. But my dad wouldn't let me buy a car without his consent on it first and the Hyundai is what we settled on. :3d_frown:

The stuff from Marlin Crawler costed me about $25 shipped. The thing in the middle does go on the end of the shifter and the red thing, I hope, is the shifter bushing. I was under the impression that it was white. We'll see when I try to put it on tomorrow. I'm positive I ordered the right part but they might not have sent the right one. It looks close enough tho.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
A little bit of an update. I just got my new coil pack in the mail. The resistance was within spec unlike the other one. So this should fix my code 14. I also got a set of 89+ turn signals in preparation for my gracer bumper i may buy in a week or so. The supra comes back tomorrow along with the daily driver. We did a block test to see if the head gasket went and the head gasket was fine. We ran the car for about an hour and a half and it didn't overheat. We also replaced the brake lines just as a precaution. Now in other unfortunate news for myself, my laptop bit the dust. So i may not be updating much in the upcoming weeks.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Ok, I'm back with a new laptop. A Compaq Presario C500. It's kinda bulky tho. It has Windows Vista on it and I'm not impressed. It's more or less the same. Anyway, onto the car.

I replaced the shifter bushing and I don't know why more people don't buy this and put it on their car. It's a HUGE difference. Shifts are much tighter and instead of being able to move the shifter side to side a few inches in gear, it only moves maybe 3/4"-1" in gear.

Here's a pic of a new OE radiator and fan shroud and the silicone coupler on the 3000 pipe to TB. It doesn't sit in the stock location tho. It's pushed out by about an inch but it's ok. I just need to find a new way to secure the 3000 pipe to the valve covers.

p596938_1.jpg

I also need to buy a new master cylinder. I installed the sunshade but I don't have pics right now. Maybe later today. I replaced the coil pack with another one and it got rid of my Code 14. Now I just have the damn knock sensors to mess with.

I raced an EVO MR the other day. We started out at a 40 roll and I hung with him for a little of 3rd but after I shifted to 4th he destroyed me. We shut off at about 80. It wasn't much of a race. I'm not sure if it was stock or not. I never got the chance to talk to him.

Just a picture after a wash. Like my "3 wave lip"? It's custom, lol. (I hate my wheels)

p596938_2.jpg

Last edited:

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Driftking - I know the engine bay is pretty cluttered. I've just been trying to get everything running good before I started to clean it up. And I finally achieved that today. It was idleing a little high. I forgot about a vacuum line near where the power steering pump is. Since I took off the pump, I just ran a vacuum line from there to the accordian hose which I had previously blocked off.

Ian - I tried and tried but those were the longest ones I can find. :biglaugh: When I first installed the IC pipes I couldnt close the hood because of those ones by the BOV. :nono:

Anyway, I need to rant about my powersteering. I can't wait until I get power steering back. I just don't want to put the pump and hoses back on to find out the rack is leaking. Then I'd have to buy a reman. rack and spend ~$500 for the rack, tie rods, and labor. I don't work on the steering components myself. The car was low on powersteering fluid when it still had the GE in it. I don't want another headache from the car, lol.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I finally got off my lazy ass and took a pic of the sunshade. (I still hate my damn rims)

p601494_1.jpg

I also ordered a new master cylinder. Brand new Aisin for $75.

p601494_2.jpg

I'll put the master cylinder on tomorrow because it's kind of important. I just hate to bleed fluids. :3d_frown: I also found out that if your window trim has the black coating peeling off and the metal under it is starting to rust, just put some soap on a steel wool pad and scrub and it'll comes right off. I did that with the trim that is showing metal on my car.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
kylefoto said:
More pictures of the wheels!
:)
They look good to me?
:aigo:

Hey cool you have a bypass valve and a BOV, how does that sound?
Looks good so far mang! What r your plans for tuning after the upgrades?
-pg. 6 pwnage

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
RedEJ - It sounds like a TiAL, lol. I keep the baypass valve there so it doesn't sputter or try to stall on me. It backfires every once in a while tho. Not often enough tho as it scares the crap out of me everytime it does it. My tune will be just a street tune. I've been looking for a good engine management system and found one that no one is really using. The Emerald K3. A few MKIV guys are using it and they love it. A guy near me that specializes in Supras can tune them. The place is called GR Technologies. He has a RHD white MKIV. Sick car. I think it runs mid to low 10s.

I don't know why I hate the wheels so much. I just do. The front passenger wheel is bent a little and paint on the rest of them is flaking off. If anyone wants them, come get them. I'll get new wheels when I get the money for them. Problems is, they'll look funny without a lowered car. I've posted the wheels I'm getting near the beginning of the thread. As far as I know, no one has the wheels i'm getting on their car right now and that's one of the things I was looking for when I was looking for wheels.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Haven't updated in a while because there was nothing to update. The window is still broken and the brakes still dont have pressure even tho I replaced the master cylinder. I'll try bleeding them real good one more time. If not, I guess I'll have to replace the brake booster.

My car really isnt safe anywhere. While it was in front of my house the rear window gets smashed. Now it's in a locked and closed warehouse. I went there today to drive it because I'm having supra withdrawals. I noticed it had 4 huge scratches on the hood. To the metal. It sucks. Only 2 people actually go in there so it was one of them. :3d_frown: Does anyone know where they sell MKIII specific car covers?

Anyway, as soon as I get the brakes bled, I'm getting 4 new tires and a new window. So I can't wait for that.

casgallo

Not a lurker :)
Apr 3, 2005
New York
Hey this is casey, laf. pretty nice car. it is going to look sick when you get it all painted up. i just bought a wrecked 88 turbo to put the motor in my NA :)

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Thank you my friend.:icon_bigg

I will have a few pictures of the clip I am using to do the RHD swap up later tonight. They are bad cell phone pics but they are better than nothing.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I wish it ran on that. Lol. Gas over here is a little too expensive for my taste, although it is going down.

A few pics of the clip...Sadly, I won't be using the 1j. My next supra will have a 1j or 2j. Maybe a 1j in the future for this chassis.

p655978_1.jpg

p655978_2.jpg

p655978_3.jpg

p655978_4.jpg