Carsponsorships.com is a sham!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Carsponsorships.com is a sham!

We would like to warm anyone that may potentially sign up for their "services". They claim to review your application before you are accepted, however they do not. Its pretty much a sign, click, submit, loose your money kind of scam.

They do not offer sponsorships from high profile companies, simply discounted parts. They're just a big parts warehouse with lots of parts stocked from various companies that have given them excellent rates on their parts based on the bulk they buy. So they are really just reselling parts, not getting you sponsorship discounts from these companies.

Last edited by a moderator:

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
My little brother has a 300ZX and he got sponsored by a company called Sport Compact Pro, he has gotten some deals on stuff, but he had to sign a contract and what not, he has try to to get people to sign up and what not, it seems to be legit.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
jessetooslow;917208 said:
My little brother has a 300ZX and he got sponsored by a company called Sport Compact Pro, he has gotten some deals on stuff, but he had to sign a contract and what not, he has try to to get people to sign up and what not, it seems to be legit.

yea they suckered me a few years ago. got them to refund my money after showing they werent doing anything for me with better deals on anything. scam

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
DUH?!?

This sounds a lot like the nigerian scam.

We need your help claiming a lot of money. If you send us a deposit we'll cut you in on the deal.

hmmm...

I was born at night... but not LAST night!

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
They're the junkmail of "sponsor me"

"You send us money, and get a sponsorship"
Doesn't it usually work the other way around?
It was pretty obvious you couldn't benefit from it

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I have people goin through this that told me about it. They claim they wont bill them until this happens or that, but they bill you right away

Yea, I got suckered too... billed my credit card in seconds and then gave me a list of part suppliers that I could order from at a discount rate... which proved to be NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL... I could get the same prices anywhere without having to commit to a show contract and dish out $75USD (~$100CND at that time).... SCAM