Cars Totaled....

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'll buy all of your mods for $400!!!

Seriously, I'm surprised that USAA didn't come up with a better offer after you provided all of the reciepts. They are usually the insurance company that's better about giving your the high end value of your car if totalled. I just delt with them about 6months ago, and was very pleased with the outcome. You can consult a lawyer for a free consultation, but I don't know if I'd hire one. By the time your done he'll want damn nearly half your money. I'd just cut my losses and by it back if the damage isn't that bad. I can't see the damage in those pics you posted. Post some pics of the damage if you could.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Step it up man. Ask for someone higher, bitch and bitch. give them hell. For someone to have receipts for all of those things isn't that common. You should have gotten more added on to the total value.

It may seem discouraging during the 'battle' but that's because their making you feel that way. Flip it around, make them feel that way. In the end, the value won't decrease, so what have you got to lose? Nowhere to go but up. The longer you drag it on, the more prone they are to flexing.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Is USSA your insurance company, or the guy that smoked you?

Does your state have no-fault insurance?

GetBoost

Sep 13, 2005
Fayetteville
USSA is the non red light seeing persons insurance, not sure about no-fault insurance?
I'm going to call them tomorrow and get them to send me exactly how they are coming up with their numbers. I want to know if they even considered the car I faxed them which was very similar to mine at $7500. If they did that means they are taking off about $2700 when they do the mileage conversion. There is no way that much should come off considering the engine has been refreshed and only has three years of driving on it.

I also want to see the cars they pulled on auto trader within 500 miles, because I did the search and there was only 1 turbo model for 6500, the rest were NA. If they messed up with taking off money for targa, I'm sure they could have done it with the turbo.

So I'll try to make one more compelling argument to them and see if they can say anything besides "There is nothing else we can do" I really appreciate everybodies support, my wife and I have had a lot of things going on this month and this situation has really added to the stress.

P.S. I have not taken any pictures of the car yet, but I will not be fixing it. The rear quarter panel and passenger door have to be replaced. As well as right rear suspension, air-bag system, back bumper and rim.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Ah, so USAA is the other party's ins. co.....I thought they were your provider. Like I mentioned earlier, they did that with me initially (and they're my ins. co.), they were looking up prices and quoting N/A prices on Autotrader, not Turbo models. Be sure that they understand that the MA70 VIN code is N/A, and MA71 is Turbo....I had to point that out to one of the people handling my claim.