Carbon Fiber S2 Air Guide (by Shine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
SupraOfDoom;1501868 said:
Probably not because of you, but others just live by the 89+ or nothing motto and they are lame.

Why are you so butthurt? Pre 89's are ugly, and all the carbon fiber in the world won't change that.

Anyway, now that the air guide is available they'll probably be just as common as whale tails... You should make them cost more. :aigo:

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
gonna try to get this... these limited quantities or you a provider of these now? Im just gonna get a 89+ front bumper and modify it to make it look like a 87 by removing the nose upper section that interferes w/ the 87 grille between the turn signals. Figure it'd be a great way to get more access to lips.

kwnate;1502104 said:
Why are you so butthurt? Pre 89's are ugly, and all the carbon fiber in the world won't change that.

Anyway, now that the air guide is available they'll probably be just as common as whale tails... You should make them cost more. :aigo:

your opinion seems a bit one sided. I, and so do a few others on this forum prefer the pre 89 over the 89+. Dont got a problem w/ the 89+ but dont feel like mutting my 87 out either. That being said you must realize that people like different things. For example, I find the whale tale to be a crappy addon for our cars. I've never been much of a fan of them but would respect anyone who has one...

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
[Now, onto the soapbox]

Another Shine Auto industry busting idea.
Instead of being creative and innovative, they'd rather duplicate, counterfeit, and knock off someone else's idea. That's there sole business plan :(
Not like the genuine S2 version is no longer available....

Guys, if you support this madness, you directly contribute to the loss of creative and interested part suppliers, and a demise of any aftermarket supplier - at least for the vehicle that you'll fanatisize.

[/Now, I remove myself from the soapbox]

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
kwnate;1502104 said:

post 89's don't even look period correct.... from the bumper to the trim and especially the wing.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
SupraOfDoom;1501517 said:
89+ is not an upgrade.

Nghty89;1501528 said:
89+ bumper an upgrade? LMAO I love my 87. No way in hell.

supradjza80;1501544 said:
89+ is an upgrade...

johnd;1501557 said:
Upgrade year yes but style:3d_frown:. I love my 87 bumper:icon_bigg.

hvyman;1501560 said:
87 look good with some colors but over all 89 looks and flows better.

kwnate;1501670 said:
89+ is an upgrade.

SupraOfDoom;1501679 said:

Moy;1501722 said:
all of you people in here saying that 89+ is an upgrade just because you like the way 89+ looks over 86.5-88 are thick skulled.

Different people like different things, quit trying to drill your opinions into others heads until they agree.

That being said, I would buy an 89+ bumper for the availability of lips and others, but cut the fugly pignose off of the front

kwnate;1502104 said:

MA70witBoost;1502106 said:
your opinion seems a bit one sided. I, and so do a few others on this forum prefer the pre 89 over the 89+. Dont got a problem w/ the 89+ but dont feel like mutting my 87 out either.

RazoE;1502138 said:
I have both and prefer the 89+ style, just looks smoother and more modern..

DigityD'87;1502162 said:
post 89's don't even look period correct.... from the bumper to the trim and especially the wing.

Guys, cut it out. If you really *must* fight over which bumper looks better in a polka-dot thong, start your own damn thread. The last thing this thread needs is a bunch of dick swinging.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
yea i sort of agree with blkdevil on this one. i would like shine to come out with some newly designed parts. nothing over the top just maybe some retro jdm with a 2010 twist to it. im sure those guys could come up with some kool new body parts.

BlackDevilSupra;1502151 said:
[Now, onto the soapbox]

Another Shine Auto industry busting idea.
Instead of being creative and innovative, they'd rather duplicate, counterfeit, and knock off someone else's idea. That's there sole buke siness plan :(
Not like the genuine S2 version is no longer available....

Guys, if you support this madness, you directly contribute to the loss of creative and interested part suppliers, and a demise of any aftermarket supplier - at least for the vehicle that you'll fanatisize.

[/Now, I remove myself from the soapbox]

I would love for you to purchase an S2 guide from Japan and install it on your car. If it doesn't fit like ass... I will paypal you $200.

People don't understand that we improve and make products available. Ideas have no value in the business world. Execution is all that matters... being able to deliver products that people want in their hands at the right price.

Not to stray off topic , but Rodel forgets to mention drastic fitment improvements we made. Although probably not 100%... it is still way better than what S2 offered. My offer still stands. Anyone willing to purchase an s2 guide from Japan and install it unmodified and prove that it fits well will get $200 in their paypal.

Ken

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There is a thread covering this in the for sale section this thread has served it's purpose and is in danger of turning into a train wreck....

The Bullshit for SF isn't going to spillover here.

Status
Not open for further replies.