Carbon Fiber Hoods made on the east coast feeler thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
I have a manufacturer willing to make hoods in CF and FG here on the east coast. They would need 15 orders to make the moulds. The first set would be oem style. Then if all goes well they would be willing to do a custom style. We were talking about something like the newer Viper style hoods. I would like to see how many people on the east coast might be interested, since we could really save money on the shipping.
These guys just released a custom hood for the 2010 camaro that i got to see up close and it looks awesome. I'm shooting for a price of about 600 for the OEM CF, but I still have to negotiate A bit more with them.
Please let me know what type CF or FG and what style, OEM or custom you might be interested in.
Also just to let everyone know these would be a couple of months out because they don't have these moulded.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
$600 is right up there with all the other hoods...what you complaining about? I'm sure if he came up with 70 people it would be worth a discount but for 15 that's hardly worth the effort considering there are many cf hoods avalible for our car as is.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i'd be interested, especially having someone in the east coast that can work with cf for our cars

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
^^ thats what i meant, theres a place in baltimore that carries the CF hood, i dont remember on top of my head but they weren't that much up there. One of the members on here i know bought 1 from them.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I might be interested if the hoods had a few things, if they had provisions for the hood struts, washer nozzels, and had rolled edges, I think I would buy one. Event without the washer nozzels holes, rolled edges are a must.

I went to a a local CF/FG/CK dealer, I think the warehouse was in Edgewood, looked at their Carbon Kevlar hood for the Supra, the kevlar was two peice with a seam down the middle. The kevlar looked beautiful but it didnt have rolled edges, and it was allready chipping in a few spos, and it was new. So I turned it down, they did offer the regula Carbon Fiber, but they didnt have one pulled out so I didnt see what they looked like.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
well it all depends on quality too...i know grimsta sells the cf hoods at around 450shipped? but i havent heard anything about quality.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Yeah, I'd pretty much need to see a sample of their quality before committing to that kind of money. I've talked to a few companies before about custom CF work, only to then get a sample that was complete shit.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
wait wait.

why do they need 15? any manufacture worth there salts would be more than happy to make 1 for anyone.......

this seems to me like a "hey, help me get this cheap"...

ie. No part on hand (prototype or otherwise)... Check
Price is STILL not negotiated... Check
and asking "what would people want"... check

recepie for disaster....

this party is done with.

Toyo

if you are SERIOUS. fork over the development costs out of YOUR own pocket, from R&D to prototype to golden sample. Once product is on hand, THEN and ONLY then attempt a group buy, NOT an intrest thread as these threads are nothing more than wishing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.