Carbon Fiber Hood

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It looks pretty good in that picture. I haven't heard of that company before so I can't speak for or against them. Good luck.

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
Thats pictures of the import fan hood. I had one from a while back it fit good finnish was good couldnt complain.

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
BoostFreak said:
how much lighter are they over the stock hood? or is it more of a cosmetic thing?
they are alot lighter, mine weighed in under 20 pounds i cant remeber how much it was.

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
dcrusupra87 said:
Figgie, stop withholding and give in. Lol. What should we know about this piece?
I had that hood on 2 supras, not one problem only time it got messed up it was my fault didnt latch it and it flew up into the window and the underside broke.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
CFX makes THE best carbon fiber hoods. go to the vendor's section or contact upgradedsupra (duane), buy one, and never look back!

-shaeff

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
dcrusupra87 said:
Figgie, stop withholding and give in. Lol. What should we know about this piece?

withholding?

well let start with the quality of that dog shit. When I pay for CF regardless of who makes it it better be made right. When the top layer looks like shit as they didn't pressure bag it or when the layers start coming apart because of not pressure bagging it. then it is a steaming pile of crap.

When there is lackluster frame compared to say CFX, then it is flimsy and at that point aluminum would be more sturdy. CRAP.

Bubbles... CRAP!

Mount points magically falling off, CRAP!

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
figgie said:
withholding?

well let start with the quality of that dog shit. When I pay for CF regardless of who makes it it better be made right. When the top layer looks like shit as they didn't pressure bag it or when the layers start coming apart because of not pressure bagging it. then it is a steaming pile of crap.

When there is lackluster frame compared to say CFX, then it is flimsy and at that point aluminum would be more sturdy. CRAP.

Bubbles... CRAP!

Mount points magically falling off, CRAP!
Mine never had any problems like i said, only time it came apart was when the hood flew up anf hit the windshield because the hood wasnt latched. Even after that the top layer of the hood was perfect not a scratch. Yes i would hae liked to buy one of duanes hoods but i couldnt afford it at the time.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Figgie, you may need to seek counseling or anger management classes concerning this company. It can't be healthy for you, but at least you got it all out. You did get it ALL out didn't you? If you didnt then just lay on a couch with your laptop and start typing. You'll feel much better when your through. Hope this helped you, if not call my secretary and we'll set you up for another session. This time we'll start with your childhood........J.K...Hope you have a sense of humor......lol

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
suprahero said:
Figgie, you may need to seek counseling or anger management classes concerning this company. It can't be healthy for you, but at least you got it all out. You did get it ALL out didn't you? If you didnt then just lay on a couch with your laptop and start typing. You'll feel much better when your through. Hope this helped you, if not call my secretary and we'll set you up for another session. This time we'll start with your childhood........J.K...Hope you have a sense of humor......lol

no I don't :p i left that at my other job :p :p