car still acting funny

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
Ok guys and gals as you may or may not know, my supra has been down for a while and i need to get it on the road asap. i made another thread, but it seemed to die out (http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61847)
Just a quick summary, the car is idling rough, when i drive it i have to tap the gas inorder for it to keep going. i have tried several afms and tps's and they still did work, i even changed the spark plugs, the fuel filter and nothing there either. but when i took out my plugs all were black but one, which was half black and half white. so im wondering if its my coil packs b/c when i hook up my timing light it will steadily blink and then pause and then go back to blinking. and i measured the resistance on all my old plugs and some were good adn some were low.
SO if anyone can please help me get this thing back on the road i will greatly apprectiate it. and sorry for such a long post.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
What do you mean by it blinks then stops then blinks again? Is it the timing light blinking or the MIL light on the dash? Do you have the connecters on the diag. box under the hood jumped from E1&T? Check for any stored codes? Check with those first......try the basics. May just be a loose wire near the coil packs themselfs.......check ALL you connectors. Check back with us.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
i mean the timing light will blink then stop. and now the only codes i am getting is 52. and i connected both knock sensor wires together at the sensor and at the ecu. and it still is idling like crap.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
i'm sure the knock sensors have little to do with idle. it'll run like crap without them, but it should not affect your idle at all.

i would get a fuel pressure gauge and see what you're getting at idle