car revs by it self

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
If you describe the problem in a manner that accurately reflects what's going on, you'll get answers. Until you formulate a such a description, it is highly unlikely you'll even get a response that's going to help...playing "guessing games" is not something the knowledgeable guys here do. You seriously need to read this:

Dealing with the "oldschool" guys (or: How to ask smart questions..)

BTW - we have rules here...if you think "rules suck", you're not going to like SM ;)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
jdub;1008082 said:
If you describe the problem in a manner that accurately reflects what's going on, you'll get answers. Until you formulate a such a description, it is highly unlikely you'll even get a response that's going to help...playing "guessing games" is not something the knowledgeable guys here do. You seriously need to read this:

Dealing with the "oldschool" guys (or: How to ask smart questions..)

BTW - we have rules here...if you think "rules suck", you're not going to like SM ;)

What? You mean to tell me you couldnt accurately pinpoint his problem over the internet with the description of the problem he gave? Youre fired from your SME job! :sarcasm::biglaugh:

On a sidenote is this an auto or manual?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Yeah - my mind reading ability is sitting in a bottle of motor oil.
Around here...somewhere...LOL.

Based on the limited info provided, I would check the cable and throttle linkage. Especially the linkage sitting on top of the passenger side valve cover.

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
MK3PIMP;1008093 said:
the car revs to 4k and stays there into i hit gas than it goes find than goes back to 4k

I had that happen to me one time. Check the Gas pedal If there is anything blocking it.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i once had the floormat jambed into the gas pedal holding it slightly down.... was idleing too high. couldnt figure it out until i washed the car and vacuumed the mat.
felt like in idiot

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
sneakypete;1008303 said:
i once had the floormat jambed into the gas pedal holding it slightly down.... was idleing too high. couldnt figure it out until i washed the car and vacuumed the mat.
felt like in idiot

LOL...I felt like an Idiot too. I had a new throttle body ready to install when i found the problem. It was this little plastic box thingy. weird....

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
i will be willing to bet that it is the linkage on top of the pass side valve cover. like someone already said.
it gets loose, and the two plates skip over each other. mine landed steadily at 3,200. all i had to do was wrap the post with a piece of coat hanger to tighten it up.

by the way, try some punctuation.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
First step should be to check your diagnostic trouble codes. Do that, and report back. Could be something like the TPS on the fritz.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around