Car Only Runs for a Minute.

Supraman

Mar 30, 2005
Sunnyvale
YoNkErS87t said:
Where does the fifth runner ground go to? The Firewall? Probaly a stupid question.

I'm not exactly sure where it physically connects, but it should join the wiring harness. It is where the ECU gets ALL of its ground reference. Take note that the ground is used as a reference when the ECU measures voltage from, well, EVERY SINGLE SENSOR! Anyway, check that very thouroghly. Not only tight, but very clean and totally corrosion free.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Oh, ok I was thinking it was some kind of other ground. Like Head to firewall type a deal. I don't know much about electical part of cars, yet. I knew all sensor had a ground, but never knew were they grounded to. Thought maybe they went to the ecu, but now it makes more sense.

I'll check this when i get a chance. Maybe tomorrow. I hope this is the problem.

I replaced the fuel pump bracket today, because of the pin hole leak in the high pressure line coming out the top. Ran into problem when trying to remove the rubber hose going to the fuel filter from the line of the bracket.
they are both rusted together and won't come apart. I put it in a vise and still could get it apart. Now i have to wait to get that hose from the dealer so its not going to be until tuesday-friday depending on where its coming from.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Yup.

QWIKSTRIKE- I don't know if you remember i was talking to you on the phone like a month back when the problem first started. I have two afm right now and they both work in my friends car, so its not the afm. I have a couple of things i want to try, but if nothing happens, maybe when your in the area and not busy you could come check it out for me. If you don't mind.

Last edited:

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Just replaced the fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter after waiting like a week and a half for the dealership to recieve it.

Checked and cleaned all the grounds. The car does sound better, I just need to get some new spark plugs because they are most likely fouled from the way the car is running. The car is still not a 100% but did rev up a little better just sounds if the plugs a foul so time to put in some new ones in.

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
change the plugs and gap them to the stock gap.... I would sugest using the proper plugs as well....dont go down a heat range or anything yet. Just get everything running perfect as much stock as you can.... then begin your modding....

Good to hear you are getting somewhere anyway.....

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I changed the plugs today. I used Autolite platinums, because Autozone didn't have the coppers and everything else was like champion and ac delco.
Not even NGKs.

I also changed the throttle body with another one with a calibrated Tps just in case of any possible internal leaks in the TB and the car ran a little better but still like crap. The car literaly ran for 45 seconds and the plugs were black as hell.

What would cause Code 11(interuption in power to ecu)?????????
I don't know why i didn't mention this before, but every once in awhile this code would be thrown.

And injectors still sound like crap.

Its killing me thinking how on second my car ran fine and the other it just stop wanting to run. :wtf:

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I think i checked the resistor, not a 100% sure though.

I have to try and get a set of injectors that i know work and swap them in and see what happens. im going to try and get the injectors out of the way first and then move on to the harness because i need the 550cc, but i don't want to get the 550 and the car still not run. So if i get a set of working stock injectors and the car runs i will buy the 550's. If the car still doesn't run i will move on to the harness. Plus i have to pay car insurance right now so money is kinda tight right now.

Sonex- Take it deep :squirt-mo :thefinger j/k

W

womenslider

have you made sure the airflow is okay as this would give the same symptoms as too rich because the car cant breath properly

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I just got a set of brand new lucas 550cc injectors installed on my car along with a lexus AFM.

Started my car and no problem. The car idles at 1100rpm even if i lower with idle screw. Vaccum reads at like 18psi. Timing set 10 btdc.(I know this isn't right because the of the rpms)

The only good is that the car actualy revs now. No chocking at all.

I feel i have readjust the Tps sensor. I think its not adjusted right and thats giving me the high rpm. Im going to test a good throttle body with a adjusted Tps tomorrow and see if the car will run and let me set the the timing properly. If it does run than my injectors were the problem.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
The car is done. I worked on it yesterday. Calibrated the Tps and set the timing and the car started right up. Idled and reved just fine.

I just been working out the bugs for the past two days, but the car runs fine.