Car is spitting, among other things.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
OK I just replaced my turbo, it is a used turbo but was in very good working order. I put a BIC DP on but it is not a DDP, the car currently has no exhaust on it and is running the stock IC and piping. I did replace the spark plugs on it before I replaced the turbo and such but everywhere I went to get spark plugs they did not have the dual platniums in stock so I went for a cheaper ngk that cost around $2 a plug. Now on to the problems the car is idling fine but when I gas into it some times it will blow flames but when Im driving it sputters when it hits boost and it is only boosting at 5psi. I do get a real strong smell from the exhaust but I just figured its cause its open DP. The vac is reading around 20 so my vac is fine I just want to know what the hell is causing my car to sputter like it is. It drives fine, nice and smooth up until I hit boost. Im going to try replacing the spark plugs with the OEM ones and see if that clears any thing up but If any one has an idea of what could be wrong please let me know.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
OK update, I replaced the spark plugs with the laser platnium ones that come in it from the factory, put new rubber spacers on the coil pack bracket, and made a new ground for the coil pack bracket and installed my cooleeze FMIC and Im now boosting at around 7psi and the vac at idol is 16-17ish I cant tell. but the car is still breaking up a little under boost. WTF is wrong. I still think its something to do with spark so Im thinking about replacing the coil harness cause it does look as though it was cut by the pervious owner to do the IS300 coil pack swap, Im also thinking about replacing the spark plug wires and mabey replacing the coils all together. but I was hoping it wouldnt come to that.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
That sounds like a good idea. going to go do that right now.

I gaped the plugs before I put them in. I made sure to do this cause I didnt last time.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
OK so I was going over the engine today and descovered a new problem, Im leaking oil from somewhere on the passenger side of the block. My oil pressure is some where right around 20 at idol. What is on the passenger side of the block besides the oil filter, the oil filter block, and the CPS that could leak oil. I want to say its the CPS cause there is oil all over the power steering pump and every where below it and back. Im begining to hate my car, it one problem after another.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
So I got the oil problem solved. It was the oil cooler lines, I replaced the lines and problem solved. I figured out where the oil was coming from by puting the uv dye in the oil and running the engine at idol for a while and checking it every few mins with a black light(which by the way bugs at night are very atracted to). Also the spiting thing is fixed. I tried to check the codes and nothing came up so I tore my cluster out and the bulb for the check engine light was missing(Thanks previous owner) so I replaced it and check it again and it came back with the o2 sensor code, So I replaced it and wa la car fixed. Oh I also had my oil catch can hooked up wrong so I fixed that after reading like 12 pages on it here on this forum and now Im boosting 9psi with no break up and no leaks at all. I love my car again.