Car is Cranking but won't run

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have never done this so have no idea what you could have done by reversing the polarity. I do know that there is a fuse from the battery to the car itself (fusable link would be more apt... at least I believe there is one). If that blows your car will not run until it is replaced.

Not sure if you can actually toast the ECU or any other electronic subsystem this way as I have never done it. I believe there are safeguards on the car for just this problem. Your lucky the battery didn't blow up.. I had that happen to me due to an overcharge and it was pretty scary. Lifted the front tires right off the pavement when it hit the hood. Bet you wont do that twice in your lifetime.. lol.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I think you need a brand new car. Corolla or something like that. They can go for a very long time with just oil changes. I would probaly have them done at dealer if I was you. If you can't install a battery without causing problems then an old supra is not for you. I am not trying to be mean. Good luck.

Mk3Shogun

Feb 8, 2012
Tx
The last owner of the car put the - as the RED wire but still i should of check the grounds before installing the battery. I know i fked up but does anyone have any insight for me to try to get this car back up?

Super51fan, for not sounding mean you sure did things like that saying "I think you need a brand new car. Corolla or something like that. They can go for a very long time with just oil changes. I would probaly have them done at dealer if I was you" gets people punched in the face if they were said to the owner just saying. I tried to be calm and not lash out at people like you but this time it got to me. I bet my car if you come out here and fix all of the problems i'll drop the supra and get a corolla other then that those comments don't need to be typed OR said.

Last edited:

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Yeah start with replacing the wires from the battery to the car... Grounds, and the wire that goes to the starter and the one to the fuze box right there... the thing about hooking up a battery in backward is you powered the ground on everything from so there could be random things fried but a good place to start is the crispy ones right at the battery

Mk3Shogun

Feb 8, 2012
Tx
On it. *Update* This is what I found after I was looking for the fusible link fuse_2[1].jpgfuse[1].jpg That came from the ALT 100AMP Fuse

Last edited: