Car has been sitting for long time..

wchico15

BoOoSt
Jul 18, 2007
Florida
hey guys, the supra has been sitting for about a year now and very soon im going to be dropping in the new engine. im going to drain out all fluids from tranny and the gasoline. change out all the fuses. anything else i should check or make sure is in proper order before i start breaking in the engine and begin driving? like the title says its been sitting for a while now and i dont want any new surprises. btw the supra was originally non turbo, im dropping in a 7mgte with a n/a head, blitz nur spec exhaust,etc. im keeping the w58 tranny for now cause of lack of $$ and the motor is going to remain pretty much stock at low boost until i get more $$ to make further mods. so any tips would be much appreciated.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Fuel oil and rubber are the only things to really worry about after sitting for so long. No need to swap out any fuses unless they are blown for some other reason.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I started mine after i sat for almost two years. I was hessitant about the old gas but decided to drain it only if it made the car run bad. Car ran like a swiss watch, no problems. YMMV.